Fabia 1 brake problem

I have a skoda fabia vrs and have a strange brake pedel. If the brakes are applied or pumped, and pressure is kept on the pedel, the pedel slowley sinks 1/2 to 3/4 of the way to the floor before hardening up again. When driving the car, braking efficiency does not seem to be affected but the amount of travel before the brakes bite seams to move about. I suspect maybe a brake servo problem, does anyone have any idears.

brake fluid level is ok. Regards, stonepoint....

Normal servo operation with a diesel engine mate. The vacuum comes from a mechanical pump rather than inlet vacuum. Here's how to test your servo.

1: Engine stopped, pump brake pedal several times. It should go rock solid almost right at the top of it's travel. If it starts to sink at all you have a fluid leak, or a leaky servo.

2: Keeping pedal pressed, start engine, pedal should drop about 2-3 Inches and be fairly firm. If you apply more pressure, it will continue to sink, ALMOST to the floor.

That said, if you have any doubts about your brakes, have them checked by a garage.

Also have vacuum hose from tandem pump to servo checked for cracks/leaks.

I have a skoda fabia vrs and have a strange brake pedel. If the brakes are applied or pumped, and pressure is kept on the pedel, the pedel slowley sinks 1/2 to 3/4 of the way to the floor before hardening up again. When driving the car, braking efficiency does not seem to be affected but the amount of travel before the brakes bite seams to move about. I suspect maybe a brake servo problem, does anyone have any idears.

brake fluid level is ok. Regards, stonepoint....

Hello,

Fully 100% agree with MoggyTech, one trait of the Fabia VRS, nothing to be alarmed about.

Ian. 04/10/2009. :thumbup:

Edited by giandougl