how to activate the cd changer in a swing radio

hello, I have a new octavia. It has a radio called swing and I have bought a xcarlink for it. The problem is that it seems that I have to activated the cd changer, if not the radio does not recognize the xcarlink. Does anyone know how that can be done?

Thanks

hello, I have a new octavia. It has a radio called swing and I have bought a xcarlink for it. The problem is that it seems that I have to activated the cd changer, if not the radio does not recognize the xcarlink. Does anyone know how that can be done?

I don't think any of the current Skoda radios have external cd changer options, at least none published that I've seen. AFAIK the MDI option is only for the Bolero (which has integrated 6 cd changer) not the Swing. Try Xcarlink themselves.

I don't think any of the current Skoda radios have external cd changer options, at least none published that I've seen. AFAIK the MDI option is only for the Bolero (which has integrated 6 cd changer) not the Swing. Try Xcarlink themselves.

ok, but if that is true, there is no possibility to install a xcarlink in that radio.

That is the question I have?

ok, but if that is true, there is no possibility to install a xcarlink in that radio.

That is the question I have?

I think it probably isn't possible, that's why best to take it up with Xcarlink as they don't have any sales data specifically for 09 cars or 'Swing' radios. IIRC it comes up with 'Seat' if you try for any recent Octavia.

• 8 years later...
On 08/10/2009 at 23:17, icarusi@hotmail said:

I think it probably isn't possible, that's why best to take it up with Xcarlink as they don't have any sales data specifically for 09 cars or 'Swing' radios. IIRC it comes up with 'Seat' if you try for any recent Octavia.

Can you update if its been sorted?

On 05/10/2009 at 09:44, oicangius said:

Thanks

Can you update if its been sorted.