Tricky cable connector_ Ancillaries Carrier

I'm in the process of replacing my ancillary carrier on the front left of my fabia 1.

The last cable connector that needs unplugging is the one to the door lock. Its a right pain and i was wondering if any one has had this problem beforeand has any helpful technique.

I have been following the 'Removing the ancillaries carrier' sticky.

Any help greatfully recieved.

Edited by superherojones

Hi all

Please see below the images of the offending conector block. I really can't get the bas#ard un clipped.

Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also. my electric door mirror no longer works. I have recpnnected the cable to the mirror (top right in image below) but do all the other connections need to be made (to the electric window motor) before the electric mirror can work. Really hope i haven't broken something!

30989.attach

30990.attach

30991.attach

30992.attach

Edited by superherojones

I'm not trying to be smart, but you should really use the macro focusing option to get a sharper close up picture - I've only recently started to use it!! Anyway, if I'm correct, you are having a problem taking the plug and socket apart, if so, then try first to close the connectors up a bit - by using a small pair of water pump pliers etc, then release the locking tang - it should be then just a case of pulling the parts apart.

I'm not trying to be smart, but you should really use the macro focusing option to get a sharper close up picture - I've only recently started to use it!! Anyway, if I'm correct, you are having a problem taking the plug and socket apart, if so, then try first to close the connectors up a bit - by using a small pair of water pump pliers etc, then release the locking tang - it should be then just a case of pulling the parts apart.

Yeah macro mode would be useful.

So you think push it vertically at first, then feel for a clasp before releasing it. Do you think its possible it has like an outer sleave that needs to come off. i doubt it as it must be something thats easy for a mechanic to do.

Thanks for replying, i've been checking all night and this thread hasn't much interest.

I'm so close to taking this to a garage now. One more go i think.

Thanks again.

Don't yank to hard.. I broke the clip out of mine! :(

I'm still waiting for the central locking to go belly up on that side.... why oh why didn't I just pop a cable tie around it before riveting the carrier back in!

No, lol... the opposite.. I broke mine and still don't know how it works ;) sorry.

perhaps an upwards jault would help it to pop off though, From what I remember it was one of those times when you yank, it breaks.. you have a look and you can't for the life of you work out why it was so hard!

It's Eff'ing frustrating though, as it's the last thing to undo! Grrrrrrrr. lol, I feel your pain!

I think you might have to pull the lip of the clip looking part down with your thumb.

Edited by reflex88

All done now, easy when you know how!!!

as chap called Hauptman gave me some great advice. On my petorl model, the connector to the fuel pump is teh same type. Its located under the back seat behind teh driver. Lift up a falp of carpet and pull the plastic cover off.

I had a go with this a few times untill i got a feel for how it works.

It is as described, a push up and a squeeze on the tab (the right bit of the tab) and it comes off a sweetr as anything.

Like making love to a beutiful woman. techinque and patience!!!!!!

My new ancilliary carrier is in and my electric window is working perfectly. Really happy, thanks to all those who helped me on my various threads!