Fadia vRS Front Seat

DervPwr

Oh dear, I thought it would be relatively easy to remove my front seat as there was a lot of mess alongside the seat and its only 4 bolts.

When I went to get the socket for the bolt I was told by the dealer it was a 10 mm TORX and I then got the wrong socket albeit it did fit. Anyway eventually I worked out I needed the 10 mm spline so I got that and I took out the seat and all was fine and dandy.

Trouble is when I came to fit the seat back in everything was ok until I went to do the second of the front bolts. It will only screw down about half way. I tested it by removing the seat (as I thought may be it was a little out of align) but still the bolt will only go half down, I tried the opposite bolt to see if it was just the bolt but that does the same thing. So it looks like the thread in the floor is the problem.

Errrr I can fit 3 of the 4 bolts but what can I do about the fourth ?

I wish now I hadn't bothered.............:mad::confused:

Oh dear, I thought it would be relatively easy to remove my front seat as there was a lot of mess alongside the seat and its only 4 bolts.

When I went to get the socket for the bolt I was told by the dealer it was a 10 mm TORX and I then got the wrong socket albeit it did fit. Anyway eventually I worked out I needed the 10 mm spline so I got that and I took out the seat and all was fine and dandy.

Trouble is when I came to fit the seat back in everything was ok until I went to do the second of the front bolts. It will only screw down about half way. I tested it by removing the seat (as I thought may be it was a little out of align) but still the bolt will only go half down, I tried the opposite bolt to see if it was just the bolt but that does the same thing. So it looks like the thread in the floor is the problem.

Errrr I can fit 3 of the 4 bolts but what can I do about the fourth ?

I wish now I hadn't bothered.............:mad::confused:

Sounds to me as if you have "cross threaded" the thread , you need to clean it up with a tap.

Radiotwo

Threads dont look too bad, I've got a new set of bolts coming from the stealer.......had to order them in :orb_sneak:

I'll get my mate to look at it as I don;t have a tap myself.

Cheers Guys :thumbup:

The seat runner bolts are a use once item, they have special locking compound fitted to them, and once taken out you should bin them. I always do, coz if i do come to an abrupt halt I dont fancy the seat belt having to hold the seat in place as well as me - can't see the airbag being of much use when the wieght of the seat is added to your face from behind!

Give the hole in the floor a good vacuum, and stick a small magnet in there to pick up any metal shards and give it one more try with the new bolt. If that doesn't do the trick then it's time to cut a new thread.