vRS Mudflaps - where can I get them?

My sills on recently acquired Mk1 Octy vRS aren't in good shape, there's paint damage on the sill behind the wheels and on the end of the skirt at the front.

Just looking at these on fleabay:

1998 - 2005 SKODA OCTAVIA GENUINE FRONT MUDFLAPS on eBay (end time 10-Nov-09 14:16:22 GMT)

I know it says they won't fit the vRS but I can't see any difference between the wings and the skirt compared to any of the other models. Has anyone tried a set of these?

Hi,

West end Skoda in Broxburn just outside Edinburgh will fit flaps on your VRS. They offered to fit on my FL estate.

Cheers

That's who I got mine off, via that well known auction site. Genuine parts too.

My sills on recently acquired Mk1 Octy vRS aren't in good shape, there's paint damage on the sill behind the wheels and on the end of the skirt at the front.

Just looking at these on fleabay:

1998 - 2005 SKODA OCTAVIA GENUINE FRONT MUDFLAPS on eBay (end time 10-Nov-09 14:16:22 GMT)

I know it says they won't fit the vRS but I can't see any difference between the wings and the skirt compared to any of the other models. Has anyone tried a set of these?

You have a MK1,and you are talking about MK1 flaps to fit it...the problem is THIS IS THE MK2 SECTION,and therefore everyone else is,I think, talking about a completely different thing:confused:.

You have a MK1,and you are talking about MK1 flaps to fit it...the problem is THIS IS THE MK2 SECTION,and therefore everyone else is,I think, talking about a completely different thing:confused:.

Oops, sorry! Did a search for mudflaps and didn't check which forum this post was in...!

• 6 years later...

I have just fitted a set of standard OEM Skoda front AND rear mudflaps to my 2006 vRS Estate - part #'s KEA600002 & KEA600001 ordered from Superskoda.com

• I fitted mine wheels on, un-jacked - tbh it would have been easier wheels off especially as my vRS has 18's but I managed it on the drive as I couldn't be arsed taking the wheels off and have a selection of small tools for tight spaces (fnarr fnarr!) - NB Torx head and a small socket set/Torx screwdriver required (anecdotal evidence elsewhere suggests T25 is the right one for the job)
  • The fronts go on no problem at all and can definitely be done wheels on - turn car engine on and steer full lock, turn it off then do one side, then repeat process and reverse lock for the other for easy access  - worth checking behind the wheelarch liner when you get the screws off as I had all manner of crud in the sills which had made it past the liner (reason if any to fit mudflaps!). All cleaned out by hand plus a blast from pressure washer
  • Rears are a little more tricky (and provide about a 95% fit for vRS)  - I simply warmed them in a bucket of very hot water first and fit screws in the following order (numbered 1 highest up the car/mudflap) 3,1, 2, 4 (with 4 being the additional fitting in which you place a clip over the wheelarch liner). Don't do them all the way up until you have them all started so that you can manipulate the mudflap more easily. Supposedly you need to drill a hole in wheelarch liner - don't bother with drill, put the clip on where the mudflap will meet the liner and the use a small, sharp implement (like an awl) to punch a small hole and insert screw from other side, tighten - DONE!

Hope that helps someone...  :notme:

And here's the evidence! (95% fit = note the rears don't quite conform to the lower half of the rear bumper but it is it is hardly noticeable unless you look for it, they also have a little gap underneath, which you can't see unless you are UNDER the car!!)

IMAG0729_zpswj3nnfqp.jpg

Crud in front sills behind the liners!

IMAG0730_zpsjqz7xs8f.jpg

Finished article!

IMAG0731_zpsfjhccgdp.jpg

Fronts

IMAG0732_zps3ji38jva.jpg

Rears

Edited by MarkSk0da
  • Like 1

Unfortunately the crud behind the wheelarch liners makes its way down there from the scuttle tray under the wipers.

The tops of the wings are open so you might be surprised what will fit down there!

Looking good though.

i tried fitting the new shape, rounded, mud flaps to the back, wheel off, hot water etc, but the holes in the liner are too far over for the edge of the mudflap to reach

The top hole aligns, but the other holes are on the edge and once the arch is in the groove, I cannot move it any further to the right in order to align the holes.

So wheel back on, no rear mudflaps:(

Fronts were fine.

Any suggestions welcomed

Thanks

They look really good

I love mine

Even tho skoda said I couldn't order them for the vrs as they don't fit :-/

I love well informed dealers. :D

i tried fitting the new shape, rounded, mud flaps to the back, wheel off, hot water etc, but the holes in the liner are too far over for the edge of the mudflap to reach

The top hole aligns, but the other holes are on the edge and once the arch is in the groove, I cannot move it any further to the right in order to align the holes.

So wheel back on, no rear mudflaps:(

Fronts were fine.

Any suggestions welcomed

Thanks

Hope the attached image helps.

post-34036-0-33928100-1449256149_thumb.jpg

Edited by Chris B

You have to drill new holes in the flaps to match those on the car.

I would have but 1 hole was right on the edge with the other being past the edge.

I could not move the mudflap any further in as once the bumper was in the groove, there was no play in it, despite it being in hot water.

Thanks