Worst Skoda available today?

groom03

Probably mine, octy vrs race blue pd 170, 58 plate , 25g on clock we got it at 10,, looked after better than a princess but has let us down on reliability. misaligned lights from the dealer (part of the deal when buying) , dual mass fly wheel/pulley replacement, front plastic bumper inserts stacked to stop them from falling out, rear wiper pump replaced, dpf and exhaust sensors replaced, one limp mode episode with Skoda assist coming out to fix, one shoddy slow puncture fixed by the dealer then fixed properly by a independent tyre fitter who laughed at the attempt. Broken promises, unread emails and no customer service delivery by 2 skoda dealers. 60000miles and the car gets traded. We took the gamble Skoda could deliver and they very obviously cant. Do not trust the brand and the car after out of warranty. Very disappointed and have spoken to Skoda Customer Service over this. If they really cared they would do something about it. Dealerships have the attitude they dont care. More fool them. Vote with the feet and knock them down the ratings in the car mags till they wake up and smell the coffee.its the only thing they will be drinking when their showrooms are dead through lack of customers after been bitten once....

I'm sorry to hear you had such a poor ownership experience.

I recently ran a Octy II 1.9Tdi as a company car for four years, during which time it covered 115,000 miles and never let me down.

The only problems (all outside of 60,000 miles) were a intermittent cruise control stalk, leaking fuel filter and expired rear washer motor. All replacement parts were competently replaced by my local Skoda, Startin Skoda (Powick, Worcester).

On the basis of my Octy experience, I am now driving a Superb II (23,500 miles and counting).

As for the original question, I dislike the new Mk2 Fabia which I think looks ungainly, unlike the handsome Mk1 car.

The pointless marketting exercise that is the Yeti.

I can certainly see the pointless side of the argument, especially when there is an Octavia Scout, Octavia 4x4, Roomster Scout and Fabia Scout on the way.

Not the worst ....... but the most pointless :)

The Fabia II IMHO.

A report from What Car (I think), that I was reading while sat in a VW dealer had a supermini test.

The Polo came top, the fiesta 2nd and the Fabia was 8th or 9th out of 10.

Complains were it was just not cheap enough, not good enough, looked bland, was bland to drive etc etc.

For what it's worth (I don't like this kind of discussions as I stated before), on German sites (as Autobild and Auto Motor und Sport), the fabia II is one of their all time favourites, only beaten by the new polo. It shows how relative these discussions are, and how perception differs from person to person, from country to country...

Do I like the Fabia II? I'm not blinded by its beauty, but it's a practical and affordable car. That would do by me. By me!

• 2 weeks later...

I don't understand the responses here. If you don't like the Fabia or the Octavia then how is it you're a member here. This is a Skoda forum isn't it? I love my Mk2 Octavia Sport, fantastic car to own and drive. I agree new fabia is too bland prefer the previous model

I don't understand the responses here. If you don't like the Fabia or the Octavia then how is it you're a member here. This is a Skoda forum isn't it? I love my Mk2 Octavia Sport, fantastic car to own and drive. I agree new fabia is too bland prefer the previous model
loved all my mk1 fabia vrs's,hated my mk2 octy vrs with a passion and don't like the mk2 fabia,after all you don't have to like all the skoda models do you?

Love the Yeti, love the Superb 2 estate.

Don't mind the FL Octavia, don't mind the Fabia 2 Combi, got one as a loaner and it's ok.

Not too fond of the basic Roomster but the 3 and Scout models look fine.

Don't like the rear end of the Superb 2 saloonatch thing, looks like a recycled Renault. Fabia GReenline has milk bottle tops for wheels - tiny!

All IMO which means it will differ from everyone else's opinion in one way or another.