Sprint yellow facelift vRS

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No the bodykit isn't that great. But the colour is...if SWMBO hadn't stuck her oar in, it would have been yellow for me, but race blue it had to be or it would have cost me a lot of money, the house, the car, the bank account.....

Yellow would be the last colour I went for in all honesty. Ive only ever known two people to have yellow cars and they were saddled with them for a looong time when it came to trying to sell. One was an S3 and the dealer ended up taking it for peanuts (his excuse for the offer was that they take to long to shift in yellow!) :(

Don't know what it looks like in the flesh, but the pictures and video of the new F/L in yellow look fastastic. If I had a VRS for only a week then i'd choose the yellow, but as it's probarbly got to last me for the next 5 years i've just ordered a race blue tdi estate.....Anyway, whoever heard of a 50yr old guy driving a yellow car?!!

The FL yellow looks like yak urine IMHO! :rofl:

It seems everybody has a bonkers colour in their range;

• VW Scirocco - Viper Green
  • Ford Focus RS - where do I start!
  • Skoda Octavia - **** yellow!

As for that yellow estate above - why in gods name people have to stick crap all over a perfectly good car is beyond me, and don't get me going on silver mirrors!

What I can't understand is WHY is this SOLID paint colour a £400 extra??????

possibly bought by the sane people who pay about $1500 for sat nav!

Other than that rant I will say it's rare which is a good thing, head turner too.

possibly bought by the sane people who pay about $1500 for sat nav!

Other than that rant I will say it's rare which is a good thing, head turner too.

Perhaps its a figurative slap to the head for being stupid enough to spec the colour in the first place!

Well, we each have our opinions. I could slag off the intelligence of owners who choose some other colours (especially when visibility, safety and durability are a consideration), but unlike others here, I'll refrain.

I will say I'm liking the colour of my pre-FL Octy II more and more the longer I own it (16 moths so far), and I'm far from being a 20 year old (in fact it is 27 years ago when I could last claim to be "in my 20s").

Resale value wasn't particularly important to me, as I tend to keep my vehicles for decades, not years. In Oz the resale of Skodas is generally pretty dismal anyway, as they are a low volume, niche car maker who have only just started selling in Oz after a long hiatus.

One of our reasons for choosing Sprint Yellow was because it shows up the dust we get here less than any other colour (I'm a lazy basket, I can't be bothered washing cars too often). Race Blue was our 2nd choice, but we both agreed we preferred the Yellow.

At least the yellow is a nice colour, I saw a newish BMW yesterday that was a colour best described as Metallic French Mustard.An awful yellowy-brown. There seems to be a trend of small Korean style cars having disgusting colours as well.

We should just all go back to the good old days of Morris Marina dark brown and Ford Cortina Light Brown :D

Perhaps its a figurative slap to the head for being stupid enough to spec the colour in the first place!

I started the thread as a discussion point for people's points of view whether they like the colour or not.

If one person likes it, and you don't, it doesn't make the other person 'stupid', even if they might choose to pay £400 for the privilege. :mad:

There is IMHO a huge gulf between having a personal opinion and being an opinionated ****.

If people want yellow, good for them ;)

Thats why cars come in different colours, people have different tastes.

Im going for shiny black zeniths and a black grille surround on my black octy hopefully in the next month. looking on the forums here, some people like it, others seem to think black on black looks bad, so what? I think it looks nice. :)

Each to their own :D

I just saw a FL in Sprint yellow today and I turned my head. It did look very very good, however I just remember seeing a Leon which had faded and I would hate for that to happen if I got one.

In Germany they have to pay extra for anything that's not white; reverse logic to Mr. Ford saying you can have any colour as long as it's black.

Red or Yellow = 195 Euro

Metallics = 275 Euro

Met a Saab salesman once who owned a Saab 99 saloon in Lime Green (Kermit Puke Green?).

Apparently it had sat in their showroom from new for over three years. When they eventually sold it it had to have an MOT first!

He bought it off the first owner three years later for half nothing.

The moral of this story is that adventurous colour choices may cost you when you sell.

My Last yellow octy was on the forecourt for 4 days.Was it put there right time right place i shall never know .would i buy a third yellow car yes , I pesonally would never buy silver awefull colour .Just my 2p worth rant over.

Edited by CHRIS ELLIS

I started the thread as a discussion point for people's points of view whether they like the colour or not.

If one person likes it, and you don't, it doesn't make the other person 'stupid', even if they might choose to pay £400 for the privilege. :mad:

There is IMHO a huge gulf between having a personal opinion and being an opinionated ****.

Oh for ****s sake - there was an exclamation mark at the end of the sentence! :P

I've owned three yellow cars in my time - proper eyeball searing bright yellow at that so I'm hardly going to run down others for deciding to buy one themselves :thumbup:

Personally I think the new "yelloow" looks awful but hey, my mother in law has a kermit green Fiesta with a chequered roof for christsakes and she loves it so way to go :thumbup:

Having seen chris's car , i think it looks really bloody nice , and would buy 1 in yellow , but i think the residuals would suffer , same as cupra r's although with the red calipers they look like someone , popped a zit.

KInd of heart wallet , conflict

Having seen chris's car , i think it looks really bloody nice , and would buy 1 in yellow , but i think the residuals would suffer , same as cupra r's although with the red calipers they look like someone , popped a zit.

KInd of heart wallet , conflict

Totally agree with that sentiment Pete.

If it's a long-termer it looks bloody smart IMO, but knowing me and my habit for changing..............:o

My favourite yellow car :D excellent car for the money, if you can find a well cared for one that is.

masterludo_1802200330_quizz_029_volvo_850_t5r.jpg

If the wife wasnt so damn anti-yellow..... *sigh*,

I'm sorry - but the best colour scheme on a T5 was......

VolvoTouringCar1_Medium.jpg

Hello all

First let me state my prejudice. My ex had a yellow car - and I have always said I would never buy a yellow car. I might drive a yellow F430 if I could afford one, but, obviously if I could, I would buy red.

But i drive a Sprint Yellow pre-FL vRS wagon, and love it. Why? Well, I might have preferred Race Blue, originally, but I was offered an extraordinary deal on this one. Now, however, I wouldn't part with it. It really catches people's attention, the colour shows off the otherwise drab shape of the Octavia and it doesn't show up dirt and dust - Gregozedobe pointed out that in Australia, dust is a big issue, as is heat from the sun. That is why black is a lousy colour to own here, particularly in Canberra where we live.

It may interest you to know that yellow has been the dominant colour here for the press cars and much of the promotional material for Skoda Australia. It seems to photograph really well and attract attention. And the resale would be similar to other colours ie crap, because Skoda is an almost unknown brand for new cars here. But I don't care about resale anyway.

Maybe it has to do with the light differences here, but we seem to like different colours to Europeans?

Cheers

powerd

It's worse than that, it's this Jim

fiat_cinquecento_m.JPG

Now that banana car looks somehow brilliant - ever thought of going into design Sim ?

Guys

Don't take the **** until you know what you are dealing with: :D Not all Cinq;s were created the same........

Koni fully adjustable shocks, eibach springs, powerflow de-cat system including tubular manifold, 1242 Punto engine, gas flowed head, larger injector, reprofiled cam, remapped ECU, custom stainless induction, MAGNESIUM compomotive mo's with 195/45/14. 85bhp (rolling road tested so thats well over 100bhp per tonne power to weight ratio given that the car weighed 727kg.

Not quite the yellow roller skate you may think it is and on the same day I was dicing with all kinds of nonsense cars with WAY more power but perhaps not as developed handling. Even my VRS would have struggled to get away from this on a B road.

Oh and the picture was coming through Camp corner at CCC day at Castle Combe Circuit in 2000 flat out and 4 wheel drifting at over 80mph. How many of you have done THAT then?

NOW take the **** if you reckon you're hard enough!! :D

Yellow IS cool..........as long as its the right yellow!!

Wish to God I'd never sold it!

31158.attach

Edited by wardth