Godfather speech help!

EddGee

Hi folks,

Need a little bit of help and seeing as there are some knowledgable people here, I thought it a good place to ask.

Basically my wife and I have been asked to be godparents. The christening is next sunday.

We have been asked to be god parents before and its no hardship whatsoever and I was flattered to be asked again.

This time however the parents of the child have asked us to make a speech for the church.

I initially thought they were joking. But they are not.:rotz:

So, anyone know any good sites. Or at least give me a few pointers. I have never heard of godparents making a speech at a christening before.

Any advice would be appreciated. There is a virtual pint in it for you. :D

Edited by EddGee

I think putting maltesers inside your cheeks is supposed to help - I saw that on an advert. If the speech is long I'd go for marbles though, because they'll last longer. Don't go for boss ones, or you'll look like you have some horrible tropical disease.

I've never heard of a christening speech, although I have heard the parents giving thank you speeches at the communal munch afterwards, but if that's what they want. Try this:

Christening or Naming Ceremony Speech - Great Speech (UK)

Just found out that it was a wind up.

His intention was to deter me from my exam study and get me all wound up and in a flap.

It did'nt work.

Any ideas how I can get him back?

Horses head in his bed should do the trick ..... hth :thumbup:

Just found out that it was a wind up.

His intention was to deter me from my exam study and get me all wound up and in a flap.

It did'nt work.

Any ideas how I can get him back?

Yeah, insist on making the speech but do in the style of an ultra ****ed person! If you can manage to vomit into the font before the baby is christened, all the better. :-)