Fabia Elegance advice needed please

Hi guys, I've looked at the elegance spec on parkers and of the two I have been to see, both have had different specs from what is listed as being standard.

The one I'm thinking of making an offer on is a 52 plate and has a tape player rather than a cd player and also it has manual rear windows. According to Parkers, the elegance should have a cd player and rear electric windows as standard.

The other I went to see had an aftermarket cd player but did have electric rear windows but no rear parking sensor. This was a 2001 Y plate.

Both are estates by the way.

Is Parkers wrong or is something fishy going on with both of them?

Thanks in advance guys.

On our Fabia I 1.9tdi elegance estate(2001/51)we had a tape player/rear elec windows as standard.

But paid for the rear park sensors as a dealer fit.

Its very easy to upgrade to a Skoda CD unit.

This is where Parkers can be confusing. If you look at the dates, then it might say that e/r/w were stopped quite early on, and CD players were added later.

An early one would be tape, e/r/w but no parking sensors, whereas a later one would have a CD player and parking sensors, but no e/r/w. I hope that makes sense.

*Edit*

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/equipment/Detail.aspx?deriv=20801

Notice in the link above, it has the dates for what was added and what was removed, and the costs of optional extras?

Hope that helps to clarify.

The problem with Parkers is you need to look at when the items in the spec were available.

Different items made up the Elegance spec level over the life of the model. For instance the parking sensors were only available as a dealer fit option earlier on, but became standard later on.

Also, I think rear electric windows were deleted from the entire Fabia Mk1 range, so later cars always have manual rear windows AFAIK

The mini leather pack (gear kn0b, handbrake and steering wheel) was a option earlier on, and later it became part of the spec

IMAO you should go for the Elegance, as the extra kit makes the car feel less like a cheap VW (although, of course it is;))

HTH

Again, thanks for the opinions guys. So the one I'm thinking of making an offer on looks ok then having manual rear windows and a tape layer on a 52 plate.

How much do you think I could get a Skoda cd player for then? Also are they interchangeable between the Fabia and the Octavia?

Also it only has one remote key and I don't think it has the keycode. I've been doing a little bit of reading on getting new remote keys but found it a little confusing to be honest. Can anybody give me a simple guide on getting new remote keys to work? I've seen plenty of cheap ones on eBay but it looks like the general concesus is to stay away from those.

Thanks again guys.

The SYmphony head unit which is the CD player for the fabia typically go for £100 on eBay but I've seen them in the for sale section here for £75.

Sadly you can't use the Octavia one straight out of the box as far as I'm aware. Its only the symphony where the size and wiring is an identical swap out with a kenwood radio removal tool (i spent hours without this, and 1 min with it so its a must!!)

I had the kit fitted to my cr that goes under the passenger seat

It is a 6 discs CD player , then married it up with a CD player in the dash

I dont know how much it was , as it was my pressie from my fella

But it is a stunning stunning piece of kit

Sarah

I did this as well on my wife's Fabia Estate but I mounted the cd multichanger in the boot rather than under the passengers seat as she wanted to retain the storage drawer there, it is as Sarah says, a great piece of kit & it works well.

While I was at it, I also integrated her mobile phone carkit to the radio so that it automatically mutes the radio and diverts the phone output to the radio speakers when in operation and I also enabled the radio speed related volume feature. :)

As for the spare key situation, I think you should be ok if you have one working key. You can obtain the secret keycode using Vagtacho and reprogramme a new key using the existing key & code after of course getting the blade cut to match. There is information on how to do this somewhere on here I think.

Edited by Td-eye

Thanks again guys. On the subject of the cd player I've decided not to bother and go for a Parrot i9200 carkit. This will allow me to plug my iPhone straight into it, also it allows me to plug a memory stick into it as well for when my wife has it. I've seen one of these working and they are awesome.

I've just got Symphony and 6 cd changer purely because I was fed up with the quality of my ipod classic

@AwesomeSarah - you couldn't get the part no's from your hubby for the underseat mounting for the cd player could you, as that's all i need to get to install the lot?:)

I've just got Symphony and 6 cd changer purely because I was fed up with the quality of my ipod classic

@AwesomeSarah - you couldn't get the part no's from your hubby for the underseat mounting for the cd player could you, as that's all i need to get to install the lot?:)

Really? How are you getting your iPod through your stereo? If it's through one of the devices that play through the tape deck then they are horrible sound quality. Playing through the Parrot Bluetooth carkit is top quality.

I was using a belkin fm transmitter ( agood one, not cheap end), which was fine in my Audi A3, but didn't work anywhere near as well in the Fab.

The MS402 the car came with has no in for a cd changer for an aftermarket ipod connector to emulate to, so i needed a new head unit anyway, and i like the OEM look. The decison was then do I spend out on a denison or similar and have a brodit/dashmount bracket on display (my glove box is always full of stuff - two kids, and the beauty of the belkin is i can stash both it and the ipod in the underseat drawer i added under the driver's seat) or get a 6 cd changer that hides away under the seat (or boot - still not decided where to fit it).

The changer won on price and sound quality, as although i have a 80gb classic with lossless files, it still isn't up to cd quality.

Plus if Santa is really nice I can always add the denison kit later as well as the changer

Whoops, hijacked your thread a bit there:O

Hey

No worries , I still have the old box that it came in somewhere :D

Sarah

Oh , he aint my hubby yet though , he has not got on one knee yet ;)

Hint Hint

Sadly you can't use the Octavia one straight out of the box as far as I'm aware. Its only the symphony where the size and wiring is an identical swap out with a kenwood radio removal tool (i spent hours without this, and 1 min with it so its a must!!)

True you can't use it straight out of the box but you can use a single din Octavia Symphony unit in a Fabia - the wiring is standard DIN it's just the size that differs but that can be sorted by a fascia part. I did it in our Fabia estate as per the link below:

Octavia Symphony into Fabia

Here you go AZO 400 101

I have just opened the box and a trim piece is in there

It looks like the kit replaces part of the underseat trim

That part number is 6Y0 881 097

Hope that helps?

Sarah

I enquired at my Skoda dealer and he said some Elegance spec cars have the elec rear windows and some don't.

I think the 2.0 ones have them.

I have a 2001 1.4 16v and I have electric rear windows. As I said before, I think they were deleted throught the range in 2002ish.