De-catted...

Excuse my ignorance,

But why would a Diesel VRs have a cat in the first place?

As per UK rules and regulations, all cars after a given date in the 90's (cant remember exactly) were to be fitted with a Catalytic Convertor by Law.

Even though a derv will pass without one.

Are you sh!tting me?

I had my exhaust done in two stages.... smaller backbox first - no difference in anything except looks

then decatted 2 weeks later and now when warm and pelting it it sounds like a shark chomping down on a dragon

Rear silencer is still untouched. Just chopped out the cat and welded in some straight pipe. Didnt hear or feel a difference on the bum dyno

• 2 weeks later...

I take it back, i have noticed a difference...

A hell of a lot less smoke. Usually at night when you pull away from a junction, you can see a huge puff of smoke out the back. Now there is next to nothing, and that is even with running a remap...

And it only sounds different when you are standing at the back of the car. Sounds a bit burblier...