Anyone converted to LPG

I looked into this last year, but at the time it seemed that the the general consensus was the tfsi (so fsi as well) engines couldnt be done yet. There were a couple of companies claiming they could, but no verified 'yes it works 100% on petrol octavia' statements, more importantly, whether it would shorten the life of the engine or components. Also as it was a new technology for the fsi, was horrendously expensive.

Might have changed over the last few months though.

I'll answer you here also for the other thread ( Who's got the biggest mileage? - BRISKODA - The Skoda Forums )

I converted the car when i had about 3.000 km (1850 miles), here it costed about 2000 euros (1800 GBP), for a sequential injected Landi system.

I decided to to keep the spare wheel in place so i got the classical cylindric tank (60 litres nominal, but as safety measure a valve blocks the refilling at 80%, so let's talk about 46 litres)

If you want to see how much space is left, tomorrow i can take a couple of pics of the boot.

Only problem i had was a premature "death" of the injection rail at 120.000 km (75.000 miles) rail caused by several refuels with poor quality LPG togheter with a guilty lack of care from my side (forgot to change the filter and in place of 9500 miles i drove the double :thumbdwn:), replaced it with a regenerate one for less than 100 GBP.

On the economical side i'm pretty happy, here 1 litre of LPG is about 44p (49 eurocent) compared to the 1,3 GBP (1,44 euro) of unleaded 95.

Down side, at the actual moment the conversion of FSI and TFSI engines is not possible, when i buyed my Octavia i choosed the 1.6 MPI (code BGU) on purpose, as is know as one of the best engines to convert.

Edited by Gtandre