VW UK to meet repair cost of anti-lock braking problem on Golf - skoda do same?

Hi All,

Seen this on Honest John site:

Honest John: VW UK to meet repair cost of anti-lock braking problem on Golf - Telegraph

The answer from the good man:

"This widespread fault is with the system’s brake pressure sensor, and is shared with the Seat Altea, Leon and Toledo, Volvo V40/S50 and BMW 1-series.

Possibly for the sake of its profit, the VW group might have been trying to limit the number of claims it would allow but VW UK has relented.

If the car has a full VW dealer service history, with the required brake fluid change every two years, VW will meet the cost of the repair.

Even if the car has been serviced independently, VW will consider meeting part of the cost as long as the brake fluid was changed when it should have been."

Now for people with Skoda's and the same is this helpful - or not? not been effected myself.

James.

What is the fault, complete abs system failure?

Covered in the below - http://briskoda.net/octavia-ii/abs-control-unit-failure/153994/3/

Skoda Ireland paid for my parts plus 1 days troubleshooting labor free. i just had to pay 200 Euro for the 3 hours labor on the install even with my warranty out for 7 months.

"Even if the car has been serviced independently, VW will consider meeting part of the cost as long as the brake fluid was changed when it should have been."

That's 'nice' of them. It's a *know* fault now and should really be rectified FOC by now. VAG sourced some parts with a duff sensor, which is likely to fail well before the expected life of the whole assembly. It's a distinctive type of failure which is duplicated in many cases. It's not a series of unfortunate *one-offs*. It should be fairly easy to compile a list of where, when and how many of these incidents have been worldwide to show it's a sub-standard part, and the manner of failure is distinctive to that.

I think this is 'game, set and match'. If owners can find evidence (e.g. a VW TSB) that shows this is the same part as is failing on the Skoda's, and VW have acknowledged it as a defective part, then I think any Small Claims Court would award in favour of a Skoda owner. So if Skoda won't fix the fault for free then bang in a SCC summons. I know that's what I'll be doing if/when mine fails!