more glowing reports

scunjee

Car reviews | Skoda Yeti | Week at the Wheel: Skoda Yeti | by Car Enthusiast

interesting that the author rates even the most expensive models as excellent value.....finally a reporter who has realised exactly what comes with the package.

there also seems to be a common theme in folks reporting that the yeti handles the extra power of the 1.8 petrol rather well......a mouthwatering prospect when I'm looking down the barrel of a loaded cr170.

I still challenge anyone to show me a package comparable with the elegance spec'd snow monster that doesn't cost 5-15k more and as far as i can surmise they return less user satisfaction

now if only our czech euro-cousins would crank the handle on the snow-monster sausage machine a little quicker (preferably not to the detriment of quality ....in reference to Plumbers woes:thumbdwn:)

I've looked at an Audi Q5. The speced up 2.0TDi S-Tronic works out at about £12~£13k more than a new discounted Yeti Elegance assuming DSG available next year.

Would I have +£12k more fun in an Audi... NO NO NO albeit we also run a MK2 TT.

Now bought some winter tyres for the Golf (Mk5) (being fitted to a spare set of GTi alloys), which are also direct swap with theYeti, so that's next winter on a Yeti sorted....:D

now if only our czech euro-cousins would crank the handle on the snow-monster sausage machine a little quicker (preferably not to the detriment of quality ....in reference to Plumbers woes:thumbdwn:)

Agreed, we've got a 170 Elegance on order also. Can't remember whether it's this week or next week that 170CR production starts.

Now I'm really worried. Does this mean that we will see Clarkson skdding around, in his idiotic fashion, with smoke pouring from the tyres? The Stig doing a lap faster than a Lada? Tell them it pulls caravans and, perhaps, they will leave the Yeti alone.

Now I'm really worried. Does this mean that we will see Clarkson skdding around, in his idiotic fashion, with smoke pouring from the tyres? The Stig doing a lap faster than a Lada? Tell them it pulls caravans and, perhaps, they will leave the Yeti alone.

That would make the sheep in the back sick....

(see the don't buy a tractor thread)

Agreed, we've got a 170 Elegance on order also. Can't remember whether it's this week or next week that 170CR production starts.

Originally it was Wk45 for initial CR170 UK build. Not sure if that occurred, mine was slated for then but has been put back until Wk48 :(

[This week is Wk47 if my maths is correct.]

Hi all,

You should try also to spec the BMW X1 and that in basic trim works out at 25K for 2.0D and same ish engine spec... Plus if you look at BMW reliability like my fathers 3 series touring and my Brothers I think I'd go for the Skoda any day!!! good write up though for once a journo that can really look past the name on the bonnet!!! If you then consider the deals you can get then you are also doing even better I got about 1200 UKP off the list price!!!!

all the best

Jerry