Skoda Fabia VRS Demister

Hello members.

The demister on my Fabia VRS when the screen is misted up is absolutely rubbish!! it takes sooooo long to do anything, much longer than it really should. Is it just my car that has a **** demister or is it a general thing with the Fabia's ??

Thanks

Chris

Hello members.

The demister on my Fabia VRS when the screen is misted up is absolutely rubbish!! it takes sooooo long to do anything, much longer than it really should. Is it just my car that has a **** demister or is it a general thing with the Fabia's ??

Thanks

Chris

Do you mean the front or back ?

Radiotwo

Front

There is normally a couple of thing that cause this, the main on which is damp in side the car,(there is plenty of posts on it on the forum) but for me on two fabia's I have just removed the Pollen filter and has cured it.

Radiotwo

where abouts is the pollen filter located on the car?? im guessing its by the bulkhead?

Hi Again Chris

Stick your head under the dash, on the passenger side,under the glove box, to the right as you look up. there is a black plastic cover, held on with two clips, slide them to the center, and the cover comes away, pull out the filter, and refit the cover and all done.

Radiotwo

where abouts is the pollen filter located on the car?? im guessing its by the bulkhead?

Under the dashboard, passengers side. Feel around and theres two plastic clips, slide these out of the way and release this bit of trim, you can then pull the pollen filter downwards

Bad description, but its pretty obvious once you have a poke around :D

Edit: and beaten to it :rofl:

If the air-con blows cold then it doesn't need re-gassing. My vRS steams up like bugger when I get out. I've checked the door seals but not after a downpoor (difficult here in Lancs where it's usually raining constantly). Carpets seem fine though. I'm going to do some proper checks at weekend.

ive just took the pollen filter out and it was as black as the ace of spades!!! but the blower worked 100% better, ive just been to Skoda and bought a new filter, best £9.70 ever spent. cheers guys 4 all ur help. i hope u sort the damp issue out in your vRS too vRS G60!!