FL Octavia - Microcan doesnt work?

gadgetman

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry if this is dumb but i am a first time VAG-Com user.

Can i activate coming home leaving home, cornering fog light, anti-hijack, both rear fog lamps on my Octavia 2 FL Elegance 1.9TDI A/T (in India) using a Micro-CAN and VAG-Com software? (or maybe another cheaper alternative)

I am so desperate to get the lights functions! ;)

Thanks in anticipation guys!

Cheers

Whichever one you get told to use, be aware that the latest software isn't yet fully capable of changing all the things that it could do on the pre FL cars!

I suspect the problem is the new protocol the VAG is group is using refered to as UDS/ODX. I'm not an expert on this but we are working on it. The new protocol changes everything so yes, there may be many bits which at the moment are undocumented. Know that we are working on it. This effects many new '09 and '10 models.

By the way, there are very few tools available that can even talk and communicate with the new protocol - I'm not trying to toot our horn but we are still ahead of the pack in giving a tool that talks to these cars.