RNS 510 V5 Maps

No pitfalls, just bung the DVD in and when prompted follow the onscreen prompts. The units operation is as before once installed, the process takes about 45mins to copy the maps from the DVD to HD.

V5 is no longer the latest version, V6 is due to be available very shortly.

If someone gets a "valid" part number for the V6 Maps, please can you post it. I've tried all the ones on this and other Forums with both our local Skoda & VW dealers and none show as valid! Our Skoda dealer said he'd be suprised if V6 was out yet as they hadn't had the V5 for a year. I got a similar story from the local VW dealer, although they did hint that VW "tends to get them first"!

I did try speaking to Navteq in Holland and they couldn't advise me as to when Skoda or VW would release a V6 map

I'd like to know if this is rubbish to shift old stock, or not!

Yeah Mannyo, thats where I picked up some of the info from too.

However nothing official yet... Both our local VW & Skoda dealers were adamant that they were not likely to see a V6 disc just yet. The Skoda dealer even said that they were aware of the VWNavi thread as the had taken "several" of calls about the V6 disk since the topic was posted! The power of the interweb!!