Courtest Light / Door Lock

I have searched the forum, however it apears that others don't have the same problem just similar.

From the fob, all doors open and lock- no issues.

If sat in my octy vrs mk1 2002, with all doors closed and I operate the door lock switch on the drivers door next to the window switches, instantly all doors lock but the front passenger door immediately unlocks. Weird!

I have noticed that the front passenger door is the only one when opened that will not put the interior courtesy light on and the red puddle light on the door does not illuminate either. Weird!

Thanks in advance for help with this very annoying niggle.

It might well be a problem with the lock (electrical switch, not mechanics), or the door loom, on that door. Afraid the only way to find out which is to take it apart.

Agree, it points to the passenger side door lock micro switch.

Same issue I had but with the drivers door.

I replaced the lock micro switch , not a job for some people as was fiddly and a pain in the neck. New lock is around £80 i think or may be lucky to get one from a scrappy but it won't be guaranteed

I did a how to guide on the teco forum. If you can't find it i will dig it out.

Edited by Bowders1

Agree, it points to the passenger side door lock micro switch.

Same issue I had but with the drivers door.

I replaced the lock micro switch , not a job for some people as was fiddly and a pain in the neck. New lock is around £80 i think or may be lucky to get one from a scrappy but it won't be guaranteed

I did a how to guide on the teco forum. If you can't find it i will dig it out.

Hi there just developed similar problem that then seems to have gotten worse and sent my locking mechanism into intermittent cycles of locking and unlocking regardless of wether the car is on or not.

any ideas?

Hi there just developed similar problem that then seems to have gotten worse and sent my locking mechanism into intermittent cycles of locking and unlocking regardless of wether the car is on or not.

any ideas?

Your symptoms could be pointing to the convenience contrrol unit., when this palys up sometimes windows can go down and doors can unlock themselves. May be worth getting the car hooked up to VAGCOM. This will point you in the right direction. When my door micro switch went VAGCOM actually stated this in the fault code and description.