suspension

is the suspension (ie spring rates & shock absorber ratings) be the same on a classic and a comfort model. I test drove both and they felt differnt but the tyres on the comfort where shot and the wrong ratings so that woudl have affected things. was there an option to spec sports suspension ? if so woudl the car be lowered as well ?

I know i can check using the build codes on the boot sticker but thats not practical at the moment as car a long way away.

thanks

I have the so called sports suspension on mine - factory fit. It is about 1 inch lower than the standard car. Were the ones you drove both on 16 inch wheels, as I have seen a lot of Comfort models with 17 inch wheels on - if the previous owner specified them.

With regard to lowering, there are a few people here who have done so, Baker21 and Allclownsarevil (sp?) (I think) - best to talk to them or anyone else who has.

Kind regards

SJ

• Like 1

I have the so called sports suspension on mine - factory fit. It is about 1 inch lower than the standard car. Were the ones you drove both on 16 inch wheels, as I have seen a lot of Comfort models with 17 inch wheels on - if the previous owner specified them.

With regard to lowering, there are a few people here who have done so, Baker21 and Allclownsarevil (sp?) (I think) - best to talk to them or anyone else who has.

Kind regards

SJ

the comfort was on standard 16". cant remember what the classic was - think it was 16".

i will check it out when i get the car on friday as i bought it ! will run the codes though the VAG code checker website thingy

i didnt explaine very well - i prefer the softer ride so no lowering for me !

the comfort was on standard 16". cant remember what the classic was - think it was 16".

i will check it out when i get the car on friday as i bought it ! will run the codes though the VAG code checker website thingy

Both on 16's the Elegance,L&K and 100's had the 17's.

Fisher is right. Both Baker21 and I have dropped the suspension. Baker went the whole hog and slammed his right down. I couldn't afford to drop it to that little ground clearance so I opted for Eibach sports springs which drops it by about a -30mm drop.

To answer your question, the classic spec came with 16'' alloys as standard and as far as I know there wasn't an option for sports suspension.

The difference in ride quality you experienced is similar to my own. Before the handling around town was a bit sloppy and it rolled and pitched in the corners. It feels a little more planted now but it's still a big car so it's not as it it now handles like a Lotus ... it's a bit better though without being too punishing on bumpy roads. I did slap a set of 17'' alloys on there too. Did change the handling and I'm in need of new tyres soon. MoT in a few weeks as well. I'll probably cry if it fails and I need new tyres right before Christmas.

Edited by allclownsareevi

Hope you get the setup your looking for and as has been said I may have lowered mine as low as it will go but I would like to add an interesting response........

My Superb was previously owned by my Dad as his company car which I then bought with 85k on the clock, my parents now live in the USA but when they are over I insure them on the Superb to allow them to drive around in it, Mum was over last month and hasn't driven it for a long time and was surprised at home comfortable the ride was even though it has been decked.........:)