Bearing wearing...

Rob.

I think one of my front bearings is just starting to wear. Car's just turned 60k.

At speeds like 30 would a wearing bearing make a really quiet mooing noise that's not constant, like ..moo.....moo.....moo.....moo.....moo? or would a wearing bearing make a constant noise?

Or is this likely to be something else just starting to let go?

I've had a look and no obvious grease leaks or splits in any boots so don't think it's CV joint related.

it's only really really quiet.

sorry to hi-jack abit.

i have a simular problem, i get a sort of wurring noise constant when driving/moving, i hit a curb last saturday in the ice, completly shattered my wheel, and now have this wurring noise.

i've had the car checked over by a garage and they recommended getting the ball joints done which i will be in the new year, but was also going to have the wheel bearings done too. my question is; do you think it could be just the ball joints?its on the offside front which was the corner i hit the curb and smashed my wheel?

any help/advice greatly appreciated.

merry xmas.

Liam

sorry to hi-jack abit.

i have a simular problem, i get a sort of wurring noise constant when driving/moving, i hit a curb last saturday in the ice, completly shattered my wheel, and now have this wurring noise.

i've had the car checked over by a garage and they recommended getting the ball joints done which i will be in the new year, but was also going to have the wheel bearings done too. my question is; do you think it could be just the ball joints?its on the offside front which was the corner i hit the curb and smashed my wheel?

any help/advice greatly appreciated.

merry xmas.

Liam

With the forces involved to shatter a wheel, the entire front suspension will need to be thoroughly checked over. Lower wishbone, suspension damper strut, wheel bearings and hub. ARB and drop links. Also steering arm, drive shaft, and inner and outer CV joints. Also a check of steering geometry.

yeah ive had it all checked over, i need the ball joints and wheel bearings doing, would these be the cause of my wurring noises?also the wheels are only made of 'monkey' metal by the looks of it.be interesting to know what grade cast aluminium was used.