Moving over from Club Polo to Briskoda

nick_uk

Hi there,

I'm currently driving a Polo 9N 1.2 12V 65PS (mk6), I believe the chassis etc. belongs to the Fabia (00-07).

Unfortunately the Club Polo forum has hardly any information on this chassis, range of engines etc. hence my move over to Briskoda.

Club Polo served me well when I used to drive a 1990 Polo Coupe S with a Weber carburettor conversion but that car of mine is long gone now.

I've been through what I believe to be mostly all of the common faults associated with the 12V engine in particular and chassis design etc, those are listed below...

1) Ignition Coils - one failed early at 48k, so I replaced all three ignition coils (3 x £33) and kept the two working old ones for spares.

2) 12V Timing Chain Tensioner - It never got to the point of failing but the idle didn't seem healthy, VW done this under my used car all-component comprehensive warranty. =)

3) Wishbone Bushes - Three words...Seat Cupra Bushes !

4) Dogbone Engine Mount - Again another very soft bush, I tried a poly insert which worked brilliantly but the vibration was not to my taste, so I put in a Polo mk7 revised bush.

5) Front Anti-Roll Bar - bushes failed causing the bar to slip and foul other components, done under my warranty. =)

6) Windscreen wipers very slow - Windscreen wiper linkage had broken, warranty. =)

7) Squeaky car - new ARB bushes were dry, copper grease solved this nicely.

Found this on the web, heard nasty things about this but thankfully my 9N hasn't suffered from this as of yet...

pierburg.jpg

All in all that Warranty has saved me lots of £££.

I look forward to using Briskoda Forums for general and any future issues. =)

Edited by nick_uk

Welcome over from Club Polo - I'm one of the moderators on there! i Still have my Polo 16v to play with too!

Yes I recognise your name. You probably won't recognise me but my forum name is 'nick0323'. I only went to one Polo show once which was two years ago now I think, met Danny Lee and a few of the others who were driving mk2 coupe's at the time.

I was also on Club Lupo for some time with the forum name 'niche', I had a Lupo 16V Sport which is similar to the Polo mk5 16V Sport.

Greetings too :-) Im still on the CP. Had a dark blue mk2 Twist :-) last year.

Aren't these cars something special! The old VW's are gold..in fact I don't care...as long as I can stick a Weber carburettor on it I'm happy! =)

Edited by nick_uk