coolant level and temprature gauge

a-za-za-z

hi guys, i was doing some normal checks on my skoda fabia today and noticed a sharp drop in coolant level (just below min mark when the engine was cold), which was at the desired level just a week ago. So i topped it up with some more coolant and in a hurry i did not mix water, which i realised later and so i topped it up with some water, so now the coolant level is just a bit above max.....now my questions are as follows:

1) is it ok for the coolant level to be a bit above maximum

2) why would it drop down in a weeks time when everything else seems to be normal and fine, even the car is running nice and smooth

3) the temperature gauge stays right at the middle( or just a fraction over middle), it reaches to that level in just 5 minutes after i start driving- is this normal?

would appreciate if i can get some advice, thanks guys.

You worry too much.

Most VAG engines - and all I've owned always settle at around the minimum mark or just below when cold. Pointless topping up to max as it just will get blown off through the cap and settle down at that minimum mark.

IMO only worry if the water level drops way below minimum (at least 15mm).

Your car sounds perfectly normal and healthy, check your oil level, the rapid heat up period is OK for a petrol engine, unusual for a diesel engine.

Oh...and posting the same thing in different areas is not abiding by the rules.

Edited by xman

cheers guys for the replies...xman it was a mistake posting it here and i do apologise for that...and yea i know i worry a bit too much as i am a newbie and a proper ignorant when it comes to cars...appreciate your reply..thanks.