Central Convenience module location?

colin42

where is the central convenience unit in the ocativa - I'm have issues with the electrics in my passenger door - I've checked all the connections and they don't appear to have water damage - may post suggest looking and the control unit but i can't find it!

This is a known fault,the unit is in the drivers door.

Skoda's take on this is that it's a problem with the outer door/glass seal,allowing water into the door.

This is ofcourse rubish,you'll never stop it getting in,hence drain holes.

The real problem is the water runs down the cable and into the connector and rots the pins.A cable tie cliped around the cable as a drip spoiler would have prevented this without the "expense" of a waterproof connector.

By the time the locks start playing up and windows start opening and closing at random,the unit is scrap.

The first owner of my car had this replaced out of warranty by the dealer putting a claim in for the window seal and labour for the unit.He paid for the unit,around £150 I think,and it was done as a good will gesture.

They wouldn't entertain a claim just for the unit,insisting the problem was with the seal.

The new seal is a worse fit than the original. :S

Here is a pic were is located the CCU. You need to remove the cover under the steering Wheel.

But I agree with Fodenman. The damage is inside your door.

Isaac

pic24.jpg

Edited by Turbo_Boss

I've had the driver door trim off today but there are no signs of water damage.

It's only the passenger door electrics that aren't working, however an interesting observation if i disconnect the the passenger door electric and reconnect the that passenger window will work for 5 mins or so from the passenger button only. I've checked the continuity of the wiring harness coming from the door and it all checks out.

The fact that the passenger window works for a short period when the power is reconnected makes me think the passenger door module is the issue, otherwise i think it must be the CAN link

there was a fairly common issue with octavias where either teh drivers switch pack failed or the drivers window regulator and module was faulty

this would be the problem where the passenger or rear windows were intermitant or not working. The drivers unit controls all doors usually.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

By the time the locks start playing up and windows start opening and closing at random,the unit is scrap.

This solves one of my problems. The windows open randomly during the night, but could it also affect the alarm? Or are the alarms crap on Skodas? I only ask as all the times the windows have been wide open, the alarm has not yet gone off???? Shouldn't there be pressure sensors to detect someone braking in to the car!

And lastly could the comfort control module make the brake lights come on randomly?

Joe Ford

Edited by Joe Ford

• 2 years later...

re-visiting an old post however felt I should add this.

After my wifes octavia lying up for about 6 weeks after baby born we got it valeted ( it needed it ) and when I picked it up the two front elec windows were down. The guy told me the windows went 'mad' up down with no pattern until they all stopped working.

I took it home thinking 'fuse' - but no, all fine in the fuse Dept.

This forum indicated controller. Although B4 that I reset the windows with the key in drivers door and was delighted to see motors al working as they all closed using the convienence feature. Although soon thereafter I went out to fine the passenger window down of i own accord. Damn it ! closed it by turning key on pass door. Bed

Next morning I went out to find central locking clicking on / off in all types of sequences and all the windows down ....! Right, disconnected -Ive batt pole , got batt charging and back onto the internet.

Later I managed to located a connector in the foot well on either side ( driver & pass ) behind small panel near bonnt open lever. I inspected and re-seated them. Next removed drivers panel - all was dry behind it. dry dust/grime can be seen.i fiddled with the connector to the driver elec window controller and pushed it in. This seemd to fix the issue as upon reconnecting batt all was normal .....except the right elec mirror was not resonding to the driver door adjustor knob. The left mirroe is workign however ( darling wife cant rememmber if it was working originally ).

Next day, I striped door as I had not connect door cable properly and had a closer look at the motor controller connector. See pics. I cleaned with a toothbrush and WD40. ON our Octavia, the water clearly must get in from the top of the unit and find its way down thru the unit to the connector ( and not following the cable as indicated in other posts) .

So after cleaning and replacing , i feel the removal of teh corrosion ( and short circuits ) have fixed it for now; Sure I wil lreturn to this.

see 2 x pics before & x after

post-100397-0-33527200-1361698091_thumb.jpg

post-100397-0-54903600-1361698094_thumb.jpg

post-100397-0-48690200-1361698097_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I just want to thank you guy's for pointing me in the right direction.

I have a skoda octavia 2000 with no fancy electrical system at all and by that I mean none!

The windows are manual, I don't have a remote lock, I don't have a rear windshield wiper I have no cd changer or whatever fancy item like everybody seems to have these days and last but not least I don't have a buttock heater either, which is really not the point but just to underline my not fancy skoda.

first of all one day my car keys stopped working on the front doors so I always have to open at the boot and sometimes when I want to turn on the vehicle the key light in the dashboard flickers continuously and the car doesn't start then I just pull the key out and turn it around and try again. Whatever I can live with this **** but.

This year the car started locking itself whenever it felt like it so anyways I just keep the spare key in my pocket.

But just recently it has started locking and unlocking continuously and I can't lock it at the boot but I can open it at the boot so I always have to lock it by going through the backdoor and pushing the inside lock down.

And also when I unlock the car (via the boot) it locks itself right away, so I have to repeat the unlocking process.

Anyways it is christmas eve and the car is locking, unlocking alot and I don't want to ruin my new battery

So I checked in the boot, ripped the carpet out of the left side and found three connectors, checked them and yes one of them was all green with corrotion, sprayed those three with contact lubricant and voila, the car locks again.

• 3 years later...
On 24/02/2013 at 09:28, burdburd said:

re-visiting an old post however felt I should add this.

After my wifes octavia lying up for about 6 weeks after baby born we got it valeted ( it needed it ) and when I picked it up the two front elec windows were down. The guy told me the windows went 'mad' up down with no pattern until they all stopped working.

I took it home thinking 'fuse' - but no, all fine in the fuse Dept.

This forum indicated controller. Although B4 that I reset the windows with the key in drivers door and was delighted to see motors al working as they all closed using the convienence feature. Although soon thereafter I went out to fine the passenger window down of i own accord. Damn it ! closed it by turning key on pass door. Bed

Next morning I went out to find central locking clicking on / off in all types of sequences and all the windows down ....! Right, disconnected -Ive batt pole , got batt charging and back onto the internet.

Later I managed to located a connector in the foot well on either side ( driver & pass ) behind small panel near bonnt open lever. I inspected and re-seated them. Next removed drivers panel - all was dry behind it. dry dust/grime can be seen.i fiddled with the connector to the driver elec window controller and pushed it in. This seemd to fix the issue as upon reconnecting batt all was normal .....except the right elec mirror was not resonding to the driver door adjustor knob. The left mirroe is workign however ( darling wife cant rememmber if it was working originally ).

Next day, I striped door as I had not connect door cable properly and had a closer look at the motor controller connector. See pics. I cleaned with a toothbrush and WD40. ON our Octavia, the water clearly must get in from the top of the unit and find its way down thru the unit to the connector ( and not following the cable as indicated in other posts) .

So after cleaning and replacing , i feel the removal of teh corrosion ( and short circuits ) have fixed it for now; Sure I wil lreturn to this.

see 2 x pics before & x after

post-100397-0-33527200-1361698091_thumb.jpg

post-100397-0-54903600-1361698094_thumb.jpg

post-100397-0-48690200-1361698097_thumb.jpg

Which connector is this?