Sound proofing

I have a 2.0 tdi Octavia, does anybody know if the engine sound proofing that is available for the 1.9 motor will fit the 2.0? Or if Seat or anybody else make one custom made for the 2.0, I had one on my Fabia vrs before it was pinched.

Cheers.

It depends you can get a sound dampening thing for the bonnet, I fitted it on my 1,8TSi, it costs approx £18 & comes complete with the necessary clips to hold it in place.

Easy to fit and is a 5' job to do. It also helps the engine warm up quicker in this icy weather as well as muffle the engine note.

The part number is 1Z0 863 831A - Description "SOUND ABSO"

That is for a FL Octavia, you should check with your dealer that it will fit your car before placing the order that it's the right one for your car.

Another example of Skoda penny pinching and its getting worse. I just cannot believe they would omit underbonnet soundproofing, after all we do not drive cheap cars anymore.............

Disgusting

Edited by wardth

It was the custom made piece that wraps around the engine block of the 1.9, they are a Seat part but obviously fit the Skoda part no. 0381039544, I don’t want to waste my money and find it doesn’t fit, I guess a Seat dealer may be the one to ask.

Cheers for the replies.