Spare wheel toolkit

Im off to Spain in a few months and dont want to risk the tyreweld kit, so looking for a wheel and toolkit. Asked several breakers but no luck so far, anyone know if this Polo toolkit is the same at all?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/vw-polo-2002-2009-wheel-tool-kit-4-wheel-locking-nuts_W0QQitemZ140370268723QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item20aeb85233

Im off to Spain in a few months and dont want to risk the tyreweld kit, so looking for a wheel and toolkit. Asked several breakers but no luck so far, anyone know if this Polo toolkit is the same at all?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/vw-polo-2002-2009-wheel-tool-kit-4-wheel-locking-nuts_W0QQitemZ140370268723QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item20aeb85233

I got mine from Skoparts in Poole 01202 722666 I think it was £15.

JON

While on the topic of spare wheels, I got mine from Skoparts of Poole and they were very efficient and quick. However, it has since crossed my mind that the wheel nuts for the Fabia's alloys might not be compatible with this steel spare. Can anyone advise me please? Just think, this is all so that Skoda save on exhaust emissions! And if you believe that propaganda, you'll believe anything.

Usually you need specific wheel nuts for steelies. Your alloy wheel nuts will have a shoulder that wont hold the spare on right.

Im still struggling to find a tool kit and wheel... tried loads of online scrappies, ebay and skospares. Is the Fabia 1 toolkit the same, i.e. jack etc etc?

The wheel nuts are the same for Fabia's alloy as steel wheels you'll have no probs.

JON

While on the topic of spare wheels, I got mine from Skoparts of Poole and they were very efficient and quick. However, it has since crossed my mind that the wheel nuts for the Fabia's alloys might not be compatible with this steel spare. Can anyone advise me please? Just think, this is all so that Skoda save on exhaust emissions! And if you believe that propaganda, you'll believe anything.

Usually you need specific wheel nuts for steelies. Your alloy wheel nuts will have a shoulder that wont hold the spare on right.

Im still struggling to find a tool kit and wheel... tried loads of online scrappies, ebay and skospares. Is the Fabia 1 toolkit the same, i.e. jack etc etc?

Thanks for your help. Can't help about the toolkit because of course mine didn't have one! So far I've just got a spare wheel, which I'll get the RAC to change if it comes to it. I simply couldn't go around without a spare wheel because punctures always happen at the most inconvenient times and places and you could guarantee it would be Sunday evening and a major tyre problem rather than a simple puncture. What do Skoda expect you to do if it's more than a simple puncture? It really narked me when I got the car and discovered when I got home that there was no spare wheel. Skoda's glib excuse about saving the environment didn't make a happy driver! They're the ones who are making the saving by not having to have the expense of wheel, tyre, toolkit etc. with thousands of cars. I also agree with another contributor's comments that the new type Fabia doesn't feel as well put together as the previous one. There's just something about the Fabia2 which feels disappointing and I wish I hadn't turned in my early type tdi estate.

Hope you find a wheel soon. Is this shortage indicative of everyone voting with their spares?

Thankfully I deliberately asked the dealer about a spare wheel when I ordered mine. They said "all our cars come with spare wheels."

When it transpired that mine was likely to arrive without one I jumped up and down and threatened to refuse delivery as the vehicle wouldn't be to the specification I had ordered. As a result I got a free spare wheel and toolkit included when I took delivery (Sept 2009).

I was really grateful tonight when I got a flat tyre as a result of a pothole on a poorly maintained road. OK it was a pain to have to change the wheel instead of using a can of gunk but I suspect my alloy may be damaged and would like to be able to drop my wheel and tyre into the garage and drive to work for the day while they fix everything.

Pete

Edited by pete-d

Went to a scrappy today and had a rumage through various VAG group cars, no spare wheels at all but found a mint condition toolkit with jack, wheelbrace, screwdriver and some other little thing in its plastic holder. Was in a 1998 Polo and works a treat on the Fabia... just £3 for the lot! They have some cars in storage and are going to see if they have a wheel :thumbup: