Light not flashing on drivers door and rear door not opening on central locking?

Hi got a few problems on my octavia, one of is that the light doesn't flash on my drivers door when I lock on the remote central locking?

Also my rear drivers side door isn't opening on the central locking and the electic window isn't working from the drivers door control?

Anyone have any ides what the problems are?

One other problem is the interior light and light on the drivers door is coming on when u open the drivers door which sounds like the mirco switch in the door lock. Any help would be gud cheers.

Hi got a few problems on my octavia, one of is that the light doesn't flash on my drivers door when I lock on the remote central locking?

Also my rear drivers side door isn't opening on the central locking and the electic window isn't working from the drivers door control?

Anyone have any ides what the problems are?

One other problem is the interior light and light on the drivers door is coming on when u open the drivers door which sounds like the mirco switch in the door lock. Any help would be gud cheers.

Any time there is a problem in the central locking system, that red led on the door will no blink/flash. As soon as you fix the rear drivers side door you will see that red light will beguin to work.

Use to have the same problemo in the front passenger door, and when I replace the door lock mechanish, the red led beguing to work.

If your overhead interior light does not come ON or sometimes work and others not, you can bet is the microswitch in the door lock. My drver door is beguining to bother with the same problem...............

These door lock mechanism are a HUGE pain in the ass! :'(

If you check VW, AUDI or SEAT FORUMS and make a search over there you will read that these VAG cars are plagued with door locks problems.

Check these two post, maybe they can help you.

DOOR LOCKS EXPLAINED

Door Lock Micro Switch

Good luck,

Isaac

Edited by Turbo_Boss

Have just changed the drivers door meck last nite ( cost me £20 ) all the lights are working fine now. But while putting it back together the internal handle isnt opening the door now it seems like the cable is to long but it's the same 1 of the car so confused?

U think Its the rear drivers side door meck then stopping the central locking working on that door?

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...

If you have not found out yet mate,

in side the door card there is a clup and on the cable for the unlocking thing there is a part that goes in to it so it keeps the cable tight.

They are a pain to do as the card needs to be close to the door in order to connect it all up.

Billy

I am having trouble with my drivers door, the light doesnt work and the drivers door doesnt lock or unlock electronically. only with the key. I don't think the Immobilizer comes on neither?

Billy, I'd suspect an issue with the driver's door loom (but have a feeling you've already thought about this?)

What I can say is that the engine immobiliser will work correctly; it relies on the key being put in the ignition to do a transponder "handshake" that disarms it, and not on the central locking (or did you mean the deadlocks, in which case I think they're not set if the car's key-locked).

cheers mate, I have a feeling its a bad connection lol as it works now.

RANDOM

but I spect that it wont when the car cools down and the any condensation gets in. I think I just need to strip the door and put some contact spray on to protect it.

Lets hope so ne way.

cheers

billy

my rear divers side door central locking hasn't worked on my car since got it, have got a new meck pugged it in and nothing has changed, any one know what could be causing it? and the window switch on the drivers door wont open the window but the 1 on the rear door works fine? any help would be good!