Still no joy with retro fitting Cruise Control

need help, anybody living in north east area who can help me, spent some money now and want to avoid the stealers . stalk fitted and the additional wire fitted, software upgraded using a bosch computer to install the CC onto the ecu, still no joy, im going to liverpool on saturday morning and stopping still sunday evening was hoping to have it ready for my big trip. any help welcome, please dont offer me d.i.y advise as i have tried everything. i need somebody to help me with out sucking my blood. thanx

need help, anybody living in north east area who can help me, spent some money now and want to avoid the stealers . stalk fitted and the additional wire fitted, software upgraded using a bosch computer to install the CC onto the ecu, still no joy, im going to liverpool on saturday morning and stopping still sunday evening was hoping to have it ready for my big trip. any help welcome, please dont offer me d.i.y advise as i have tried everything. i need somebody to help me with out sucking my blood. thanx

There isn't a software upgrade required so I'm not sure what you've done with the Bosch tool.

Bit more detail on your car would help. TDi?? Sport?? Year??

Enabling is a 2 minute job with VCDS. Maybe Ben at Shark Performance can help.

Does he really need the wire connecting? What would happen if he didn't need it but still connected it?

If he didn't need the wire it would be fitted already so he wouldn't have had anywhere to connect it.

the car is a tdi sport 2006 model 140bhp PD. engine. went to another auto technition today said stalk is installed properly but he said he doesnt have the software to install it on me ecu, so he advised me to go to skoda, ill try my mate 2nyt with vagcom if no go skoda it is

i need the unique code to install into vag com

Edited by sean Gt

There's nothing unique about the code. It's used for many VAG ECUs.

Login to the ECU with 11463 and away you go. And make sure the steering control module has been coded correctly.

well my mates vagcom didnt work, said his lead was wrong one :S, any whoooo.....

its done! it works and im chuffed.

I went to skoda in the end and it broke my heart, i avoid the dealers like the clap, but also like the clap is some times unavoidable, weyhey!

so here we go,

CC stalk - ebay - £30

Stalk fitment - £10

Skoda Stalk coding......... wait for it wait for it.......... - £32

Soo there we have it girls and boys cruise control retro fitted with all genuine parts for £72

the look on my face was great when skoda give me the good news.

i went on a trip to liverpool today using my cruise control from middlesrough and i was getting 51.9 Mpg doing 71mph in 6th gear - and i have a preformace map and filter

so all in all it sometimes works when u try to save a little bit of money no matter how much u get told its not going to work. :D:D:D

• 2 weeks later...

Gr8 result m8 glad to know you got it working in the end.

It sounds like we have got pretty much the same car apart from yours being a 2006 model, so it looks hopeful that I can get this done also.

Can you tell me if ur CC stalk is the same as this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Skoda-MK2-Octavia-2004-2008-Retrofit-Cruise-Control_W0QQitemZ360202762577QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item53ddc1f951

Cheers

Matt.

Edited by billywhiz040480

I'm also searching for help on cruise control fitting - this time a 51 plate Octavia 1 VRS. I bought a retro fit (original) kit from a VW dealer - new edition stalk. This came with the extra wiring for the 1.8T 180.

My friend fitted it and enabled it on VAGCom but no joy. He says it might be because I had the car re-mapped???

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Harveyh123

• 2 weeks later...

Gr8 result m8 glad to know you got it working in the end.

It sounds like we have got pretty much the same car apart from yours being a 2006 model, so it looks hopeful that I can get this done also.

Can you tell me if ur CC stalk is the same as this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Skoda-MK2-Octavia-2004-2008-Retrofit-Cruise-Control_W0QQitemZ360202762577QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item53ddc1f951

Cheers

Matt.

yes it is but thats a fortune

thats cheaper - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/05-08-SKODA-OCTAVIA-CRUISE-CONTROL-SWITCH-1K0953513G9B9_W0QQitemZ380196789149QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item58857e9b9d

i think i was just lucky and got a good deal

Edited by sean Gt

I'm also searching for help on cruise control fitting - this time a 51 plate Octavia 1 VRS. I bought a retro fit (original) kit from a VW dealer - new edition stalk. This came with the extra wiring for the 1.8T 180.

My friend fitted it and enabled it on VAGCom but no joy. He says it might be because I had the car re-mapped???

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Harveyh123

dont quote me on this but i would say the re-map would not affect the cruise control at all.

i had the problem with what software to use, after exhausting all optionsi went to the dealers.

i told them the stalk was fitted from day one and it didnt work anymore, they recoded it and i was on my way. took 20mins.