2.0tdi CR emmissions

Hi, has anybody got an idea what the CO2 output will be on the the new CR140 DSG Superb Estate, I can't find it on any of the websites and it will have a big bearing on the affordability in Ireland. Some of the lads on here seem to be in the know, so to speak.

emmisions for 2.0 tdi 140 dpf is 155 g/km :thumbup:

Thanks but is that for the new Tdi140 CR that is getting introduced to range for the estate and shortly into the sedan ?? This engine seems to react very well to remapping with huge torque increases and could be a very good alternative to the CR170 if you where limited with budget.

Hi, has anybody got an idea what the CO2 output will be on the the new CR140 DSG Superb Estate, I can't find it on any of the websites and it will have a big bearing on the affordability in Ireland. Some of the lads on here seem to be in the know, so to speak.

According to www.comcar.co.uk the 140 DSG estate comes in at a hefty 26% company car taxation meaning that the emissions fall in the 170 to 175g/km CO2 bracket. The manual gearbox comes in at 23% hence the figure of 155g /km seems correct.

I hope this helps!!

That would mean the 140CR has higher emissions then the 170CR, I think comcar must be estimating their figures using the 140 saloon which is the 140PD engine. Thanks anyway.

That would mean the 140CR has higher emissions then the 170CR, I think comcar must be estimating their figures using the 140 saloon which is the 140PD engine. Thanks anyway.

You could be right in your theory.....however here's some food for thought.

As far as I am aware the the current 143 and 170 bhp 2.0Tdi engines used in the Audi A4 Avant are both CR. The 143 bhp has emissions of 139g/km and the 170 bhp has 134g/km. So who knows.......the 170 may have lower emissions after all?????

You could be right in your theory.....however here's some food for thought.

As far as I am aware the the current 143 and 170 bhp 2.0Tdi engines used in the Audi A4 Avant are both CR. The 143 bhp has emissions of 139g/km and the 170 bhp has 134g/km. So who knows.......the 170 may have lower emissions after all?????

Have the above mentioned Audi's the same gearboxes ??? My hope is that the 2.0Tdi CR 140 DSG in the Superb comes in below 155g/km, this would really help in my quest for a new car. Fingers crossed.

Edited by k.young

Have the above mentioned Audi's the same gearboxes ??? My hope is that the 2.0Tdi CR 140 DSG in the Superb comes in below 155g/km, this would really help in my quest for a new car. Fingers crossed.

Yep...both with the same box.

Yep...both with the same box.

AFAIK Audi automatics (not A3) with front wheel drive use the Multitronic gearbox (Constant Velocity Transmission) and is totally different design to a DSG box.

Audi A4's have their engines mounted longitudinally not transverse for which the Multitronic was designed for.

I only need it to beat the 170CR DSG by 5g/km and that will mean the p#xy Irish government will add 4% less registration tax to the base price of the car, that might make it 2500 to 3000 euros cheaper, instead of the 1500 euros differance the less powerful engine alone would make. Am I clutching at straws here.........throw me a fricken bone !

The 170HP has better emissions because of the higher newtons & combined with the ever so great DSG gearbox it's pure win sauce.

Don't get me wrong, I would really love the 170 but its slightly out of my price range.

AFAIK Audi automatics (not A3) with front wheel drive use the Multitronic gearbox (Constant Velocity Transmission) and is totally different design to a DSG box.

Audi A4's have their engines mounted longitudinally not transverse for which the Multitronic was designed for.

Just for clarity the Audi emissions that I quoted are for vehicles with the same manual box as each other, just different power outputs from the engine. Albeit that, as you say the Audi box is different from the Skoda DSG.

Hence, he overall point being that in two 'like for like' setups in the Audi, the higher output engine actually has lower emissions that the same engine with lower output. :)

This data is on the Austrian Skoda site:

http://www.skoda.at/files/at/download/datei/11_2009_5.pdf

The CO2 output for the 2.0 TDI CR D-PF/103 kW/140 PS is 145 g/km for the manual and 158 g/km for the automatic.