Booked in with Celtic Tuning

Si Vxr

Been looking for a company to remap my Vrs after lots and lots of searching i found celtic tunning who write there own maps and then come to your location and upload the the software to the car so after a long read of customer reviews and a chat to them they are going to come on the 27th Jan and remap my Vrs :rofl:

Quoted

195bhp

309ft-lb

plus there going to install the PD160 intake and put a sport panel filter in at the same time so with that it should be a quick little car hopefully with similar performance to what the Meriva VXR i had all in its £435 inc vat and parts also got it booked in on a Rolling Road the week after to check Figs as there is a 14 day money back offer if im not happy so we shall see

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have done and didnt find much to be honsit i did look on the web and found many forums that had used there services and have been very happy im not expecting 195bhp that could well be the fly wheel bhp who knows but thats why its booked in for a rolling road. so far there customer service has been very good and if at the end of the day if the remap isnt any good then i will get a refund and i have lost nothing.

Hope your not after customer service.....

Oh and you can't get more than 170's from a remap.

Use the search and see what you find.

I only got 197 flywheel bhp on my Leon PD150 with P-Torque stage 1, I think 195 from a 130 engine is a bit optimistic. You never know though :)

my brother has a mk5 golf 1.9 tdi 103bhp and he got it re-mapped at awsome gti and it is now running 163.7bhp and the car is totally standard! so i reckon it could be possible!

:yes: :yes: :yes:

• 2 weeks later...

Well i had booked it to be done at 4pm when i finish work got a phone call at 3.30pm saying he was at my house so i high tailed it home. when i got here he down loaded the std map from the ECU and sent it to there HQ.

While they worked on the new map he set about installing the new PD160 intake and pipercross fillter he did say he was concerned about the mileage as its on 146k now and asked if the clutch had been changed as i didnt know he said it might be an idea to play it safe and have his office turn down the map so it was more progressive rather than aggressive but after i said i wanted the aggressive map as i had alot of faith in the clutch as i had driven it hard and never sufferd any slip in any gear he agreed to put the aggressive map on (if it goes uprated one will go in).

So after the map was done it was sent back to him which he then set about uploading the new map to the car once this was done we took it for a drive but being england it had to start raining so off we went wheel spin in 1st 2nd and 3rd this was my fault as i was pressing the pedal as if it wasnt tuned after a few miles i got the hang of it and my god once it has grip it ******* flys i cant beleave how quick it is pedal down front end lifts and your slammed into the seat and i mean slammed the torque on this is mental now.

so far ive only been able to do 30 miles but it was an interesting 30 miles to say the least im so happy and its not even bedded in yet qouted figs are 195bhp and 306 ft-lb but i will be getting it rolling roaded next saturday so we shall see thankyou celtic tunning you have one very happy man.

yes but once you hit 2500k hold on tight lol going for a long drive tomorrow so going to fill up with V-Power and do some motorways and b roads :rofl: you will love it mate and there is very littile smoke as well

195 from a remap, not a snowball in hells chance. I had a Celtic map on my Fabia vRS, had a few problems and eventually got things sorted, Graham is a nice enough bloke though.

This is Shifty's graph from an Awesome GTi RR day with the Celtic 195bhp map, clutch power of course. His car was pretty fit at the time and was running a green panel filter, PD160 intake and Turbo back Blue Flame system.

I did some logging with mine in Vag-Com (this was a long long time ago) I think Faboka did some investigating to, the aggressive map was pushing enough boost to turn the standard turbo into a hand grenade with the pin removed.

Things may have changed, and they do have a lot of very happy customers but ultimately I got rid of my map and had it revo'd after some issues in communication (and a DMF that disintegrated) :) I am a big fan of Performance Torque these days after having several cars mapped, always with excellent results as well as pre / post map dyno runs, full diagnostics check and road test afterwards all for well under £300.

As long as you are happy that's all that matters, but it's simply not possible to make 195BHP on a PD130 with just a remap. There are some well tuned Fabia's on here and I am sure that some of these owners could testify to the figures achievable on the standard turbo / injectors etc.

taylor2.jpg

Edited by Fluffmeister

as i said not expecting 195bhp but all will be confirmed next saturday when its RR and by then it should have a good 400 miles on it ;) but im happy and thats all that matters

I did some logging with mine in Vag-Com (this was a long long time ago) I think Faboka did some investigating to, the aggressive map was pushing enough boost to turn the standard turbo into a hand grenade with the pin removed.

i did ask what boost it would be now running and kevin said 1.55 bar / 22.48 psi and from the research i have done that seems to be about right for a stage 1 map from most tunners

my brother has a mk5 golf 1.9 tdi 103bhp and he got it re-mapped at awsome gti and it is now running 163.7bhp and the car is totally standard! and that s a 60bhp gain!!

Before and after figures? It was probably pushing out more than 103 as stock.

RR figures are for pub bragging rights, I had a PD105 vRoomster that was mapped by Performance Torque to 163bhp, but it was making a lot more than the quoted 105 from stock so the actual gain was around 40bhp, but better than that an excellent torque curve.

If anyone thinks they are going to get 195BHP from a generic stage 1 map then they are just seriously deluded, I even posted a graph, from awesome's rollers of a Fabia vRS, a very healthy one, with PD160 intake / Filter and FULL Blueflame Turbo back system and it made 172 on the Celtic map. A lot of PD130's make over the quoted figure as stock, I have seen stock ones make in excess of 140.

A stage one map, if you put a panel filter in and do the PD160 intake and you are looking at around +35 / 40 BHP, forget the top end figures, you will get 35 / 40 bhp over what you started with ...... period.

Now, can I interest you in some snake oil? as you can see on the bottle it says it will add 4" to your penis and make you irresistible to women and guarantee a lottery win .......... interested ......... go on go on go on go on.

Edited by Fluffmeister