some info needed about my octy vrs

vrsjaw

hi......i have a y reg 2001 skoda octavia vrs.....on log book it only says rs? it has the half leather seat all the badges..... also how do i know if i have the 180bhp vrs as some people say that there is 150 and 180? any info would be great full............thanks

Guest westallc

:thumbup:hello mate they are the same car the vrs and th rs are the same they changed it to vrs in this country i think due to ford wanting to sue them as they have the right to the rs badge .

still called the rs in other country's

you will have the 180bhp rs with k03s turbo

:thumbup:hello mate they are the same car the vrs and th rs are the same they changed it to vrs in this country i think due to ford wanting to sue them as they have the right to the rs badge .

still called the rs in other country's

you will have the 180bhp rs with k03s turbo

What he said...... :thumbup:

Also you can check the engine code to prove the engine is a 180bhp model as the code is AUQ. This is written on a lug on the front of the engine between block and head just in front of the cam cover

Edited by Bowders1

cheers fellas i started to think i had a 15obhp...but its got the auq stamp..i was only worrying as my car doesnt feel like 180 as it feels flat ..the boost is hitting 10psi but it holds back for 1 sec as av watched the boost gauge go up and then it has a flat spot.///thanks guys

Edited by vrsjaw

Also you can check the engine code to prove the engine is a 180bhp model as the code is AUQ. This is written on a lug on the front of the engine between block and head just in front of the cam cover

You dont need to remove the plastic cover on top of your engine to check for this code. Here is a pic were the code is located on the 1.8T 20V engine.

Check that you have AUQ letters there.

audi_engine_code_awm_2.jpg

Edited by Turbo_Boss

I personally don't think they feel 180BHP mainly because they seem so smooth, my missus once followed me in her 1.6 focus, we stopped at a red light and my VRS sprinted away from her and I wasn't even trying whilst she said she was hammering the focus.

The acceleration from 100 to 130mph will make you aware of the 180bhp.

Also another good one is to run down the road in 3rd gear at 2000rpm at a constant speed, then go WOT untill 3000rpm. That's how you test for peak boost, and it should wake you up!

Be carefull though, because by the time you hit the redline in 3rd, you'll be doing 100mph, and it can take you by surprise!

Agreed, if you keep it in third gear all the way to the redline (private road obviously...!) between 70 and 100mph you will realise "**** this is fast".

The turbo on the VRS doesn't give you a shove in the back when it kicks in like some cars do (Scoobys and Cossies with the boost cranked up spring to mind) so it's easy not to notice how fast it is accelerating.

Edited by chicken_eyebrow

get your phone and text your car reg to 86300. it will text you back with for example;

Skoda Octavia Vrs 1.8

VIN****1234 Sep 01

2 owners

No colour changes

No stolen record

Not scrapped

costs a couple of quid but will put your mind at rest

hi i did that and it came back as rs,,,,but i no why as the other lad said they are rs but because ford seen there ar.... skoda put the v in so am happy and av done that in 3rd and your right it really does move....thanks