New Car Bluetooth

Seriously this is complete and utter insanity. There is no way on Gods green earth that a car manufacturer should be fitting a kit that ONLOY uses RSAP. The sooner manufacturers realise that the vast majority of people out there do not have RSAp phones the better. VW could easily offer a simple module plug in to make the kits either RSAp or no RSAP or better still, offer both options in the same unit and stop ****ing everybody off! The amount of posts on this forum about this issue shows that this IS AN ISSUE!!

DTRIGGS - if it was me I'd give Skoda a right *******ing.

I installed a non-RSAp kit in my Skud because I wanted the maximum flexibility but I understand the differences, most people do not and cannot be expected to!

Sort it out VAG and do it soon otherwise more people will be giving you grief.

Rant over!emoticon-0136-giggle.gif

Calm down dear, it's only Bluetooth.. emoticon-0140-rofl.gif

Calm down dear, it's only Bluetooth.. emoticon-0140-rofl.gif

Exactly!!

The sooner that everyone realises that RSAP is the best profile of bluetooth the better.

Using RSAP you get a GSM radio with a real external antenna instead of relying on a portable phone in your pocket with hands free profile.

Don't get all upset with Skoda, point the finger of blame at the various mobile phone m'frs who haven't included RSAP in their product.

John.

Just picked the new Octavia vRS up - delighted with it except my SE C902 will not connect to the bluetooth phone system. Having searched the forum everybody says the c902 works fine - any suggestions what I can do ?

D

where did you find the C902 quoted as working fine? I've found no such thing, and indeed, my C902 won't pair. (I'm similarly disappointed like you).

Exactly!!

The sooner that everyone realises that RSAP is the best profile of bluetooth the better.

Using RSAP you get a GSM radio with a real external antenna instead of relying on a portable phone in your pocket with hands free profile.

Don't get all upset with Skoda, point the finger of blame at the various mobile phone m'frs who haven't included RSAP in their product.

John.

My point is that VAG and others should not be fitting RSAP only kits. The vast majority of users out there do nto have RSAP and would have to purchase new phones to get the feature. If I'd just spent £20K on my new car with factory BT and I found my phone wouldn't work I'd be ****ed off and there is no need for it. The tech exisits to offer dual use kits which would get over this issue. Don't get me wrong, RSAP is an excellent (the best) way of integrating a phone with a vehicle however it >is< something that Nokia decided to implement outside of the BT standards and manufacturers need to understand this and cater for their markets accordingly.

I use an iPhone and in typical arrogant Apple fashion it doesn't support RSAP, but then again it doesn't even support DUN which is a criminal omission IMHO. Did I know this when I purchased it? - yes. Did I take it into account when fitting my BT kit? - yes. Others do not necessarily have the knowledge and certainly do not have the choice anymore since VAG started fitting RSAP only kits. My point is at least offer the option with a clear explanation of both types so that peopel can make an informed decision. Bettert still, offer the dual format unit and stop ****ing off your new customers!

Simples!

Edited by wardth

RSAP is technically a much better and more reliable system but the problem is that not all phone manufacturers support it.

I'd dispute this - RSAP disconnects your phone completely, it becomes a very large, expensive wireless SIM carrier for your car - if you have a device which uses data such as a Blackberry it becomes useless for any online features. So if you want to use Blackberry Maps for anvigation or another navigation app which downloads travel information - the phone can't do it because its radio is switched off.

I'd prefer the ability to choose what mode the hands free uses.

I'd dispute this - RSAP disconnects your phone completely, it becomes a very large, expensive wireless SIM carrier for your car - if you have a device which uses data such as a Blackberry it becomes useless for any online features. So if you want to use Blackberry Maps for anvigation or another navigation app which downloads travel information - the phone can't do it because its radio is switched off.

I'd prefer the ability to choose what mode the hands free uses.

you've just answered a question I posted in another thread.. What a crock of sh** rSAP is - whoever in their right minds thought it was a great idea to embed the phone in the car? This is like the stupid system SAAB did a while back where you had to put your SIM in the car.. :-( What sort of idiot thinks that's convenient? The handset market gives us all to pick handsets suitable for our needs - which in my case also means the data channel that I need to drive my tomtom traffic.

I'm really narked about the way this kit works, as it's not really explained in the documentation and I've paid to have it in my new car and it's useless to me... :-( It must only cost about 10 quid in components to have a kit which can fall back to working as a bluetooth headset. Thankfully I had a parrot MKI9100 in my last car which i took out, so I could fit in this car I guess, but the whole point for me was to get rid of the extra kit. May just have to resort to doing handsfree on the tomtom, which is a bit crap to say the least...

n

Edited by mr.nik

you've just answered a question I posted in another thread.. What a crock of sh** rSAP is - whoever in their right minds thought it was a great idea to embed the phone in the car? This is like the stupid system SAAB did a while back where you had to put your SIM in the car.. :-( What sort of idiot thinks that's convenient? The handset market gives us all to pick handsets suitable for our needs - which in my case also means the data channel that I need to drive my tomtom traffic.

I'm really narked about the way this kit works, as it's not really explained in the documentation and I've paid to have it in my new car and it's useless to me... :-( It must only cost about 10 quid in components to have a kit which can fall back to working as a bluetooth headset. Thankfully I had a parrot MKI9100 in my last car which i took out, so I could fit in this car I guess, but the whole point for me was to get rid of the extra kit. May just have to resort to doing handsfree on the tomtom, which is a bit crap to say the least...

n

I think this illustrates my point(s).

Trying to set up a BlackBerry 8900 on '10 vRS with factory bluetooth and MS wheel...

Can get everything to work (including address book sync etc) except the ability to hear the person being called! They can hear us though....

Any ideas??!!

Edited by golfturbo