MRC Tuning in Banbury NEVER GO TO THAT GARAGE AGAIN

Yaro

Hi,

I thought that I would be worth to share my experience with MRC Tuning in Banbury. I went there for a first time in December as it was highly recommended to me. Otherwise I would not be doing 70 miles to get there if I did not have any great feedback about the garage. I had a DV valve, turbo hose and air panel replaced. I am sure these are a piece of case for most of you :-) Anyway the car was given back to me after the work has been done and a test drive taken. Beforehand I mentioned about the error code. According to the gentelman who checked that up there was a problem with way that car was mapped. Fine. In January I went the garage I did a remap at called Red Dot in Enfield ( I had a great experience with them for more than 2 years and I did 2 remaps with them - no problems whatsoever - Thanks Red Dot). There error code was checked again and the problem was not confirmed by the tachnician there. He wanted to show me what would have to be checked in that regards and asked to pop up the bonnet. I was shocked what we have discovered. The air box was not fixed up, the screws where sticking up from the top of the cover which was sitting on the angle. When we removed the engine cover we have found side snips laying on the top of the engine. I called MRC and told all about it. I did not even hear ' I am sorry for a mistake/s' or something simillar. The only words I hear were: OK, OK, OK and that was it. I was charged £136 just for a fun that they had with my car. On top of that the gentelman who was working on my car most of the time was on the phone and the time was ticking... not on my favour. After I few days I phoned again to talk , maybe I upset that gentelman, I did not know... I asked for a recompesation for neglecting me car twice... I was told that the only recompensation I could get is a discount if I come to them again to do the service... Excuse me... is it a joke... I am taking my case to the Trading Standards... Even if MRC is considered a great place to tune, service you car my foot will never stand there... Absolutely unprofessional place in my view. Every place wants to make many but let's make sure we do that in a fair way not causing any danger to other... If we make mistake (every one does) we should rectify the issue in a professional way... do not behave like a child...

I would like to once again say big thanks to Red Dot in Enfield for saving my butt again...

Cheers all

Mate,

I am glad you like Red Dot, not sure if my original post is on here still from 2007. Augusto was the fella and he was nice enough and granted I got my money back but the map I got was SHAT! only 196 bhp and 202lbft and faults kept commin up all the time. in end I gave them up as bad job but only after gettin back home and the car died due to incorrect checksum iirc

then £150 to get it sorted by a nother fella and £70 to skoda for diagnostics and strippin the dash,(GRIFFIN MILL SHAT again)

Also noticed they have moved lol, they were in Watford when I went to them

hope you get it sorted mate.

billy

They were indeed in Watford when I went for my first remap to them. I think I have seen your post before. I did not have any problems after a remap was done - 225bhp etc. Last year I went again and again very good feedback. Yea you are right Augusto is a very nice guy, but other guys like Simon, Nick are as nice and helpful as Augusto. I was given so many advise on phone and they never ask for the money when I come in. They many times did small things for me that were neglected by other places. Today I dropped my car off to them for a custom made exhaust with twin 76mm slash cut tailpipe and a few other bits and pieces so I am sure everything will be just fine...

I shall get there eventually...

Cheers Billy,

Yaro

no probs mate hope you do, he must of sorted himself out coz i think he had just started doing 1.8t when I went and there were a few ppl having trouble, I was a bit gutted that the map was crap and in all 4 or so drives from Bristol/ Cardiff to them they never got it right. Was a shame tho as like you said they seemed nice fellas and Agusto who did it for me was very helpful and friendly.

A+ customer service and friendlyness

F for map

just one of them things, could of been my car bein a b i t c h lol,

Guest westallc

They were indeed in Watford when I went for my first remap to them. I think I have seen your post before. I did not have any problems after a remap was done - 225bhp etc. Last year I went again and again very good feedback. Yea you are right Augusto is a very nice guy, but other guys like Simon, Nick are as nice and helpful as Augusto. I was given so many advise on phone and they never ask for the money when I come in. They many times did small things for me that were neglected by other places. Today I dropped my car off to them for a custom made exhaust with twin 76mm slash cut tailpipe and a few other bits and pieces so I am sure everything will be just fine...

I shall get there eventually...

Cheers Billy,

Yaro

225bhp map what mods are you running to achieve that????

no probs mate hope you do, he must of sorted himself out coz i think he had just started doing 1.8t when I went and there were a few ppl having trouble, I was a bit gutted that the map was crap and in all 4 or so drives from Bristol/ Cardiff to them they never got it right. Was a shame tho as like you said they seemed nice fellas and Agusto who did it for me was very helpful and friendly.

A+ customer service and friendlyness

F for map

just one of them things, could of been my car bein a b i t c h lol,

Yea it well maybe your car being a b.... lol

225bhp map what mods are you running to achieve that????

To start off my Octy has got a LPG conversion. All tuning places are amazed with its performance. I got a 0007p valve , Forge turbo hose, K&N Air panel filter. But suprisingly 225bhp the car was able to achive wihtout the mentioned mods, just with the piper cross air panel filter on runing on LPG. On petrol there was 215bhp.

How does that figure then ??

Shirley if it's mapped too allow for the higher octane it should produce more power

I ask as a LPG noob, not as fantastist emoticon-0102-bigsmile.gif

Basically because the quality of lpg varies so much an lpg experienced mapper would use less advance to make sure there is no pinking/knocking under load on pap quality stuff.

All of the "race experience" cars at bedford autodrome use lpg with independent (motech or similar) management and from memory they only make a couple of horsepower over what they were making on petrol

Yeap, the LPG conversion on my Skoda has got quite advanced idependent managment system that calculate in the nick of time all changes to the power of the car. It is an Italian make. But the most importan thing is the quality of the installation. You can have a very high quality of the equipment but if you have not got enough skills you can completely scew up the install.

My LPG installation supports up to around 300bhp with no problems. The quality of the LPG, of course, matters and is very high in the UK comparing to for instance to Poland. Every time I have to change the filter they are rather clean.