K&N Induction Kit

Guest westallc

Seen this on the bay: >http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/K-N-57i-Induction-Kit-Skoda-Octavia-VRs-00-04-57-0430_W0QQitemZ300332100520QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item45ed302ba8

Anybody got this particular kit fitted to their Octy? Any comments or suggestions for other makes?

Cheers

it wont add performance infact can be the opposit due to heat soak the best thing to do is de fin the standard box and use a performance pannel filter

yea dont but a filter in the place of the std box, I had the PX one that just went on to the MAF and it sounded ACE but lost lots of power due to heat, some ppl get the plastic surround but even then I wouldnt bother, either get a proper CAI kit the goes down side of the battery into the wing/bumper or mod the std box.

billy

Ebau 1.8tJetta kit for £40 i think it is now, then just get a good filter for it lol

Guest westallc

Fastest way to loose performance. The best filters are OEM.

wrong the best filter is not oem....the oem box is the filter is not :thumbup:

Seen this on the bay: >http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/K-N-57i-Induction-Kit-Skoda-Octavia-VRs-00-04-57-0430_W0QQitemZ300332100520QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item45ed302ba8

Anybody got this particular kit fitted to their Octy? Any comments or suggestions for other makes?

Cheers

As stated don't go near these filters or any cone filter that sits direct of the MAF, they just soak up heat from the Engine/turbo.

Either mod the airbox, or get a proper CAI (Cold air induction kit) that is routed away from the engine bay.

If you have no other mods done then a definned airbox and good performance panel filter is a good option.

I ran a modded airbox with Green panel filter and a cold air intake hose from bumper to airbox that was quite effective .

May sell that as I went back to a CAI when I had the REVO 2 remap. I may take both filters to JKM RR day to get some tests done with both types.

As stated don't go near these filters or any cone filter that sits direct of the MAF, they just soak up heat from the Engine/turbo.

Either mod the airbox, or get a proper CAI (Cold air induction kit) that is routed away from the engine bay.

If you have no other mods done then a definned airbox and good performance panel filter is a good option.

I ran a modded airbox with Green panel filter and a cold air intake hose from bumper to airbox that was quite effective .

May sell that as I went back to a CAI when I had the REVO 2 remap. I may take both filters to JKM RR day to get some tests done with both types.

I'd been interested in the outcome of that, but id put my money on the airbox. :yes: