vrs le wheels

Can't help with the price of a replacement, but take some photo's of the pothole and send them to the local council and get them to pay for the damage.

I don't know all the details but others have tried and got the full cost of repairs paid for.

Can't help with the price of a replacement, but take some photo's of the pothole and send them to the local council and get them to pay for the damage.

I don't know all the details but others have tried and got the full cost of repairs paid for.

Cheers will do that . I was keeping an eye out for the holes but this one was in the middle of the road not the kerb side , will take pictures and speak to the council tomorrow.

I bought one from the dealers £110 + VAT (£8 for centre cap) thats with a good discount. You may be able to buy cheaper search. for ....18" Monza R Hi Power Silver Alloy by Team Dynamics . Good hunting..........

For starters see link below

http://www.topgear.co.uk/acatalog/18__TD_Alloy_Wheels_&_Tyres.php

Thats not as bad as i expected thanks for that :thumbup:

Snap. I have also hit a bloody pothole with my LE. Got quoted £145 from my dealer. Also filled in a claim form from the offending council. Also got a quote from a company that repairs alloys for £45 which I think I will have done and then use this as the spare, assuming it will fit in the spare wheel well. My spare wheel is a 16" steel!!

Another LE owner whose wheel has slightly deformed/scraped after dinging a pothole, conrtacted council, they said they would send me a claim form, which has never arrived, unfortunately I never took a photo of the pothole, and a fair amount of time has passed, I am jusy waiting for one of my wheels to get truly trashed, then I will purchase a set of Neptunes to replace the Monzas.

Another LE owner whose wheel has slightly deformed/scraped after dinging a pothole, conrtacted council, they said they would send me a claim form, which has never arrived, unfortunately I never took a photo of the pothole, and a fair amount of time has passed, I am jusy waiting for one of my wheels to get truly trashed, then I will purchase a set of Neptunes to replace the Monzas.

I have orderd a new wheel from my local dealer it cost 150 inc VAT ,they would not discount it at all , not even when i started crying !. But they did say that it was the 4th le wheel they had orderded since the 18th of Jan , i wonder if the le wheels are as strong as the normal vrs wheel ?....

Snap. I have also hit a bloody pothole with my LE. Got quoted £145 from my dealer. Also filled in a claim form from the offending council. Also got a quote from a company that repairs alloys for £45 which I think I will have done and then use this as the spare, assuming it will fit in the spare wheel well. My spare wheel is a 16" steel!!

It does fit in the spare wheel hole but is to tall? fat? wide? (you know what i mean !) so the boot carpet doesn't sit flat.

I was with my boss in his Scirocco the other day and just after joining the M25 Eastbound from the M23 slip he hit a huge pothole at 80mph. The tyre exploded and a big ***** was taken out of the alloy. He's got 19" VW rims on that car..............

Expensive

No chance of stopping to take a picture so no chance of recovery

Alloywheels.com have "Monza" not "MonzaR" for 60euros each !!! I would rather buy 4 of these and sell your other three wheels on ebay. All you would have to do then is source some Skoda centre caps.

Alloywheels.com have "Monza" not "MonzaR" for 60euros each !!! I would rather buy 4 of these and sell your other three wheels on ebay. All you would have to do then is source some Skoda centre caps.

Not in stock in the uk according to web site but good idea cheers , I,d prefer 17 inch wheels with bigger sidewalled tyres instead of my 18's . Think I might by a 4x4 next .