Drivers door not locking/unlocking off remote

Hi all,

apologies for yet another door locking thread,I did do a search & understand there could be several causes,but I still have a couple of questions;

Right,as in title,the drivers door has stopped locking & unlocking with the remote.It works fine with the key.All other doors are ok,& no other electrical issues.

What should I do next?

Is this usually one thing in particular,or could it really be one of several things?

tbh,I don't mind using the key,obviously I would prefer to use the remote & if it's a straightforward & not too expensive job,I'll fix it.

My greatest fear however,is that at some point,it won't unlock at all,even with the key.

Is this a likely development?Would it be wise to remove the door card while I can still open the door?

thanks in advance for any advice

Hi all,

apologies for yet another door locking thread,I did do a search & understand there could be several causes,but I still have a couple of questions;

Right,as in title,the drivers door has stopped locking & unlocking with the remote.It works fine with the key.All other doors are ok,& no other electrical issues.

What should I do next?

Is this usually one thing in particular,or could it really be one of several things?

tbh,I don't mind using the key,obviously I would prefer to use the remote & if it's a straightforward & not too expensive job,I'll fix it.

My greatest fear however,is that at some point,it won't unlock at all,even with the key.

Is this a likely development?Would it be wise to remove the door card while I can still open the door?

thanks in advance for any advice

Easiest (and cheapest) option which worked for me, was to remove the door card, slit the plastic film, and liberally spray the actuator inside the door with WD40 !!

Not sure how much the consumer panel costs as mine was done under warranty all i know is it comes with a piece of harness to plug in and took Dm Keith less than an hour so must be straight forward:rofl:

Likely to be water ingress into the door control unit plug, with the possibility of corroded/broken pins and wiring, the earlier that you look at this, the better your chances of not needing new parts. When you unlock it with the key you are mechanically working the lock, so unless the lock barrel breaks, it'll continue to work like that. A new door control unit and wiring loom will be the best part of £300.

• 2 months later...

Sorry to revive an oldish thread and you may have resolved the issue since, but... mine strated out life like this.. and just giving you the 'heads up' that it will likely get worse, as has mine recently...

Firstly it was the drivers door only not locking, along with the drivers side door mirror non operational... now its moved onto the rear doors trying to lock, and just the other day... when i remove the keys from ignition, windows roll down (not always, as i found out when i got to skoda dealer this morning)

just wanted to say to you... dont put it off like i did this last year, as it could develop into you being in a tricky position (if your windows start to play up).

Good Luck! I will likely be looking at a large bill today or tomorrow then :(