Battery help

ruzhyo

Hello everyone,

I just had my Roomster Petrol 1.6V check by my dealer and they told me that my battery load test fail.

Its about 6mths old.

I think is due to the large amounts of ICE I have installed in my car and in addition I have 2 HELLA spotlights installed.

What spec / size of battery I should get to replace?

If I get a bigger battery, would the "charger" be not strong enough to charge the battery?

Would it cause worst fuel efficiency?

I have a 2 channel and a 4 channel amp. DVD 2Din headset, CD changer, 11 speakers, sound processor.

2 Channel amp is Sinfoni Amplitude 45.2 http://pitstop.oneshift.com/idb_view_item.php?iid=3782&did=0&cid=0&bid=307

4 Channel amp is Pioneer PRS-D4100F http://www.pioneer.com.sg/storefront/ProductDetail/default.asp?ProductId=490&CatId=,2,26

Also have 2 Hella 550 roof mounted spot lights http://www.adventureaccessories.com/lighting%20pages/hella550.html

May install another mono amp + sub woofer soon.

Hello everyone,

I just had my Roomster Petrol 1.6V check by my dealer and they told me that my battery load test fail.

Its about 6mths old.

I think is due to the large amounts of ICE I have installed in my car and in addition I have 2 HELLA spotlights installed.

What spec / size of battery I should get to replace?

If I get a bigger battery, would the "charger" be not strong enough to charge the battery?

Would it cause worst fuel efficiency?

Hi ruzhyo

First, the battery would not fail just due to your ICE !

What you have to look at is, are you running the ICE when on the move or when parked up ? and if thats the case how much

driving do you do ?, in other words, if you sat in a car park and had the equipment on for say four hours and then just run

two miles back home, than say two miles to work, next day and repeat every day then your battery will never get charged fully.

Don't forget when you start your car it takes quite a lot out of the battery on just starting, and at a guess you need 10 miles

just to put back what you have taken out for that start.

But getting back to your duff battery, how did they test it ? did they bench charge it for 24 hrs before they tested it ? or did you

just drive in and they tested on the car (in other words with a poss flat battery)?

and before you change the battery make sure the car is charging correctly,

So you can see theres a lot to look at just before you change the battery, but as I say the ICE won't damage a battery, in fact the

more you use a battery the better (but you have to recharge correctly)

Hope this helps

Radiotwo

Thanks for your reply.

I drive between 60 - 100km a day. I only listen to music when I am driving.

They check the battery right after I drove in.

I guess my battery is ok.

Hi Again

You did not say in the 1st post, but I assume the car starts ok ?

If you have access to a multimeter, I would just check the voltage,

1st check when the car has been stood for a couple of hours and should be about 12.5/12.8 Volts

2nd, start up the car, and at just over tick over (1000-1200RPM) you should get 14.2/14.4 volts

If you are getting these reading, then I would not worry

Radiotwo