10 beeps when driving

hi all this is my first post, my g/f has a skoda fabia 1.4 16v , few little problems and i'd like to get them sorted, first of all we had 3 beeps when driving along and looked on here , and topped up the coolant as many ppl on here seem to do this and it did fix it, however, the next day out driving and there was 10 beeps? . . . . any clues?

also one of the pulleys is rattling , been told its a common problem for this engine, just wondering if anyone can shed some light?

any help is greatly appreciated, thanks shaun.

hi all this is my first post, my g/f has a skoda fabia 1.4 16v , few little problems and i'd like to get them sorted, first of all we had 3 beeps when driving along and looked on here , and topped up the coolant as many ppl on here seem to do this and it did fix it, however, the next day out driving and there was 10 beeps? . . . . any clues?

also one of the pulleys is rattling , been told its a common problem for this engine, just wondering if anyone can shed some light?

any help is greatly appreciated, thanks shaun.

Hi

This is a guess but based on experiences with other models. Have you checked if it is the seat belt warning? This can happen if you put some items (eg shopping bags) on the front passenger seat. Sensors detect the weight (especially if there is slight movement) and indicate via the bleeps that the safety belt isn't fastened. Might be worth checking.

Good luck - oh, and welcome to Briskoda!

and also thanks arosascotty will check and either replace, top up as neccessary. feel sorry for her as she only had the car 2 weeks and when she came out to it on thursday just gone the bumper, wing and headlight had all been smashed into, (no one left their number obv).

and also thanks arosascotty will check and either replace, top up as neccessary. feel sorry for her as she only had the car 2 weeks and when she came out to it on thursday just gone the bumper, wing and headlight had all been smashed into, (no one left their number obv).

Get a local garage body shop to repair it NOT through insurance

INSURANCE is NOT you pay £x for twenty years and when you have an accident we repair it free

INSURANCE IS you pay £x for twenty years and when you have an accident we repair it and charge you the cost plus 20% for five years Like a bank loan (I never knew that)

As for the ten beeps I do not have a clue, though if she has only had the car for two weeks, then surely it has a minimum 30 day / 1000 miles warranty ? or was it private sale

Regards

National

it was bought from a car garage but was sold without warrenty, so im guessing i cant take it back, bodywork issues are being taken care of by a local garage not under insurance as her excess is 350 and repairs are only 250-300

it does suck how insurance companies work, a lad i know gets his for 36 quid a year cause his uncle partially owns the company, sucks big time!

thanks for all your comments guys :)