Latest maps V6 Columbus/RNS 510/MFD3

Hi people, not been on here for a while but need some advice please....

I'm looking to upgrade my V3 maps on my Columbus unit with the latest V6 maps etc... My question is, if i purchase an official V6 map dvd (Skoda) will it also update my firmware as well? I bought the unit from VRStu & have had no problems with it at all?

Am just looking for more up to date maps really but it would be cool to see what other improvements have been made to the navigating experience?

I bought the bluetooth kit from Stu as well & it works perfectly with the unit as is...

Just wanna make sure i'm not gonna regret updating it really?

Any help, thoughts, suggestions would be greatly appreciated,

Regards....

:yes:

Thanks for replying...

So the latest version 6.1 only updates the maps, not the operating system at all... Do you or anyone else know if firmware cd's are available to buy? Prob seems like a stupid question to ask but i'm not particularly computer literate & would not trust my own competence to create/download & install a cd of my own?

Would i be right in assuming that downloading version 6.1 navigation dvd wouldn't have any detrimental impacts on the current firmware installed?

Apologies again for my sad lack of knowledge in this area & thanks to all who advise!!!!! ;)

My RNS510 is running a very old firmware, however it happily updated the maps to V6 when I did the upgrade across Christmas.

To be totally honest, reading through the firmware upgrade thread, the fact at least one unit failed means I'm simply not interested in doing the firmware upgrade.

Computer motherboard BIOS updates currently work around 99% of the time, the RNS510 seems around 60% - don't like those odds and the only real feature I see I'm missing is the ability to use SDHC memory - who needs that when you've got a Hard Drive.

Thanks for your advice people...

Am still not sure what i should do? The latest maps are what's most important to me but i'd be lying if i said i wasn't at all bothered about any of the other improvements a firmware update would give the unit?

Last question i promise..

Is there any detailed threads on exactly how to create a firmware upgrade cd/dvd or even better, would any members be interested in doing the update for me? I would of course willingly pay for their time & help?

Would much rather someone did it that knew what they were doing rather than myself who knows sweet FA about it? lol...

Thanks again...... :yes:

Thanks for your advice people...

Am still not sure what i should do? The latest maps are what's most important to me but i'd be lying if i said i wasn't at all bothered about any of the other improvements a firmware update would give the unit?

Last question i promise..

Is there any detailed threads on exactly how to create a firmware upgrade cd/dvd or even better, would any members be interested in doing the update for me? I would of course willingly pay for their time & help?

Would much rather someone did it that knew what they were doing rather than myself who knows sweet FA about it? lol...

Thanks again...... :yes:

2 Disks required, one updates the firmware (takes about 40 mins) and sets Columbus back to standard (so no steering controls and lose navigation/audio on MDF), 5 min job to set right with a VAG COM.

v6 Map disk installs in about 40mins.

Worth the update as shows speed limits and the Map on screen zooms in and out dependant on speed.

If you go to Briskoda meet on 23/2 at Mansfield could do it then (not the VAG COM) but Ben from Shark Performance can do that for you.

2 Disks required, one updates the firmware (takes about 40 mins) and sets Columbus back to standard (so no steering controls and lose navigation/audio on MDF), 5 min job to set right with a VAG COM.

v6 Map disk installs in about 40mins.

Worth the update as shows speed limits and the Map on screen zooms in and out dependant on speed.

If you go to Briskoda meet on 23/2 at Mansfield could do it then (not the VAG COM) but Ben from Shark Performance can do that for you.

Thanks people... At least i know what needs to be done now! Mansfield is a bit of a treck from where i live but will see if i can do it all the same! 23rd Feb as in next tue yes?