Dsg Gearbox

I have a 2.0 DSG Superb Elegance and am experiencing some niggles as follows when cahanging down to the lower gears it occasionally selects 1st gear when i feel it is not needed and then stays there untill quite high engine revs are acheived before changing up has anyone else experienced this ?and if so do they have a possible solution?

That doesn't sound right. My Superb Elegance DSG never changes down into first while on the move and very quickly up out of first when getting away from a standing start.

It will hold gears longer in Sport mode, of course, but I'm assuming that you're talking about experiences in "D" rather than Sport or "+" and "-" (tiptronic mode)?

Ray

Hi:

Mine is an Octavia II DSG but I can confirm what others are posting. Mine never changes down to first whilst on the move.

Has it done this from when you first had the car? ( I presume that yours is not one of the DSG boxes subject to the recent recall)

Hi,

i have a similar experience....if i am going very slowly, for example over a speed bump, the DSG box will be in 2nd gear but when i then go to accelerate away it drops down to first gear for the revs which is completely unsuitable and unwanted. Let me know how you get on.

Hi,

i have a similar experience....if i am going very slowly, for example over a speed bump, the DSG box will be in 2nd gear but when i then go to accelerate away it drops down to first gear for the revs which is completely unsuitable and unwanted. Let me know how you get on.

i took it to the main agent, they took it for a test drive and experienced the problem then linked it up to the diagnostics and the readout showed no problems,they have said they will inform Skoda of the problem and notify me if there have been any modifacations implemented

I have a 2.0 DSG Superb Elegance and am experiencing some niggles as follows when cahanging down to the lower gears it occasionally selects 1st gear when i feel it is not needed and then stays there untill quite high engine revs are acheived before changing up has anyone else experienced this ?and if so do they have a possible solution?

Hi There,

My 170 BHP with DSG does exactly the same. The engine really revs very highly for a few seconds, before changing up to 2 or 3. It it's in for a service tommorow and so I will raise it with the garage

I reported exactly this problem on my TDI170 DSG, sometimes the "drop" into first can snap your neck it is so severe, going into first at about 2000+revs and then immediately changing up to second.

This was reported at the 20k/ one year service, NFF! The DSG box was "firmware upgraded" at the servcie last December.

Gearbox is great otherwise, good luck with your dealer.

Edited by GrahamElegance

I reported exactly this problem on my TDI170 DSG, sometimes the "drop" into first can snap your neck it is so severe, going into first at about 2000+revs and then immediately changing up to second.

This was reported at teh 20k/ one year service, NFF! The DSG box was "firmware upgraded" at the servcie last December.

Gearbox is great otherwise, good luck with your dealer.

Duplicated in error, sorry.

Edited by GrahamElegance

I forgot to add that when this happens I am driving slowly at about 10mph in second.

Edited by GrahamElegance

I forgot to add that when this happens I am driving slowly at about 10mph in second.

I have the same issue with my Superb which does exactly the same thing. Its when slowing for a turn that it usually happens, there is a sudden drop into first then the engine spins up to 3,500 rpm before changing up again. The only way I can overcome this is to accelerate very slowly until it changes to second, then it appears to be ok. Mine is an early example 08 '58 plate car.

The gearbox behaves oddly in other ways and hasn't adapted to my style of driving at all. In normal mode it generally changes up too soon but in sport mode it hangs on too long to the lower gears. I've got shift paddles on my car so I use them to control things but the gearbox is a bit quirky, any fixes known about?

As I mentioned earlier, September 58 plate does none of this. When slowing down to a stop the car only goes down as far as second and remains in that gear until I come to a complete stop. When pulling away again the car only stays in first for a fraction of a second before selecting second. It even crawls along in second gear in slow traffic rather than first.

I agree with the comment on S mode though, the car holds gears which maybe it shouldnt be. For example, pull away from a junction, loads of revs which is very good for getting going but then ease off and it keeps the same gear. Driving along at 30 at 3K rpm does not sound fun, the only way to get back to normal is to select D.