aerial removal

after reading another topic i purchased a smaller aerial as recomended

only problem is i cannot remove the old one

silly question but do they just unscrew ? has when i try to unscrew mine it feels like there is something attached to it :p

Perhaps some thread locking compound has been used? In which case expect difficulty and possibly damage when removal is attempted. Normally they unscrew pretty easily.

I changed mine over yesterday and found you had to pull on the aerial whilst unscrewing as it just seemed to turn and not release otherwise.

I have noticed the new stuby one was much longer exposed thread so cut of about 3mm of thread it seems to work fine.

Also the new one has solid thread, but the one i removed OEM had a hollow end with small prong, just wondering why as the base does seemed to ve any thing else. Also the new stuby one doesnt closed down as flush as the oem aerial, although it now looks much much better.

Jas