1.4 TSI Availability

Honest John says there is a 7 month waiting list for this engine in the Golf. Just wanted to know if it is hard to get in the Octy too??

I think that's old news. Spoke to a dealer a couple of weeks ago and he said they were comming in at about 10-12 weeks now.

Simon

It may depend on what you want in terms of optional extras.

I'm picking up mine this week, which will make it only about 4 weeks from the date I ordered. However, I ordered a car from stock as opposed to a build. If you're prepared to compromise on spec, then it's quicker. In my case, I asked for a 'standard' 1.4 S or SE in any colours and was offered a large range of metallics but only one flat colour, in this case corrida red, which is what I opted for (red is apparently in great demand).

It should have been delivered last week (ie. 3 weeks from order) but Skoda's transportation folk kept reprioritising cars bound for GB to meet the impending new registration date. My dealer had to invoke something called 'forced transportation' to override this.

In my case, I asked for a 'standard' 1.4 S or SE in any colours and was offered a large range of metallics but only one flat colour, in this case corrida red, which is what I opted for (red is apparently in great demand).

I was in a similar position last September. The dealer was trying to arrange an inter-dealer swap for a 1.4TSI S in red but couldn't sort it, but as he checked his latest stock he found one had just been delivered for stock and I was able to see it that day in the yard. In theory I could have driven it away on the day I went to buy, but left it to the middle of the next week, although buy Friday collect Monday was offered. I did initially want a factory fitted spare tyre, but opted to find one myself rather than wait 3+ months.