( Not So) Superb Heater

Does anyone else have problems with the time it takes for the heater to warm up?

My Superb takes for ages before I can make use of the heater, is this a known issue or do you think that there is something wrong with my car?

Any Comments gratefully received

Thanks

Mine takes ages to warm up, obviously this is due to the engine taking ages to warm up. I have driven as many as 5 miles on a Motorway before the temp is even a quarter of the way up the gauge, before finally stopping in the middle of the gauge.

As for the temperature, I usually have it on 22°C, which seems sufficient for the cabin temp for me.

Does anyone else have problems with the time it takes for the heater to warm up?

My Superb takes for ages before I can make use of the heater, is this a known issue or do you think that there is something wrong with my car?

Any Comments gratefully received

Thanks

I had this issue on my last 2 Octavias - modern diesels are notoriously slow to warm.

My current 1 series BWM starts to kick out warm air in a couple of miles, but that due to the fancy radiator shutter arrangement that is part of the eco dynamics package - mind you warming the cabon quickly is the only decent thing a BMW does in the snow :'(

Edited by slider

I had a problem with my MkII Superb Elegance where I had to put the heater to max to get any warm air, but then if I turned it down to 26° it would kick out cold air. I took it back to the dealer they reset the vents and now it works fine. So go to Skoda and ask them to reset the vents.

it could just be the flaps, but I reckon its just the engine taking ages to warm up. My 2.0PD takes about 4 miles before I start to get any heat, and thats because the engine is still way off operating temperature. I think it takes about 6 miles before my temp gauge gets to 90c, and thats with steady driving. It will take longer in slow traffic. The diesel engine is very efficient and thats why it takes a long time to warm up.

I had this issue on my last 2 Octavias - modern diesels are notoriously slow to warm.

My current 1 series BWM starts to kick out warm air in a couple of miles, but that due to the fancy radiator shutter arrangement that is part of the eco dynamics package - mind you warming the cabon quickly is the only decent thing a BMW does in the snow :'(

I suspect the reason your BMW heats up so quickly is because of the electric PTC heater.

A lot of diesels have them.

There has been a bit of discussion about them on this forum, and the consensus of opinion seems to be that they are not fitted to UK Market Skodas.

Would love to get a definitive answer.

Stewart.