Great, 'feel good' advert for the Superb...Why aren't they advertising yeti?

retro gal

Love the song/general happy vibe of the Superb ad that they're playing to death at the moment on TV. But where's the Yeti ad? Perhaps they couldn't cope with the demand of orders after releasing the ads to the public...

I know, I know... just saying that their marketing people have clearly moved onto a newer car!

What you'll see is the Yeti adverts being shown again in a few months :)

With the snow & ice we have had recently they should have been pumping out Yeti in the Alps adverts like no tomorrow. How many 4WD versions would you shift at the moment? Mountains of them, no pun intended.

Adverts do cost money but how great was the Fabia cake advert? That absolutely stuck in the minds of people and was genius. That did the world of good for Skoda. To shift cars you have to lodge into people's minds and adverts are the way to do it. Once the model is embedded in people's minds you can ease off but the Yeti has not reached that stage yet.

Not according to the dozens of "Your getting a what?! comments Ive had in the last few weeks :rofl:

I have to agree with that, even my car savvy friends/colleagues have no idea about the Yeti.

I remember seeing one advert for the Yeti before Christmas, expecting it to be the start of a campaign but it came to nothing. I guess Skoda UK were expecting it to be a very small niche (3000 cars annually).

Perhaps with all the positive press they don't need to advertise at the moment? Judging by the extended delivery times being quoted they don't have too many sitting around without owners.

I have to agree with that, even my car savvy friends/colleagues have no idea about the Yeti.

I remember seeing one advert for the Yeti before Christmas, expecting it to be the start of a campaign but it came to nothing. I guess Skoda UK were expecting it to be a very small niche (3000 cars annually).

Perhaps with all the positive press they don't need to advertise at the moment? Judging by the extended delivery times being quoted they don't have too many sitting around without owners.

The Yeti adverts were on TV quite a lot at one point. I think it was just after Christmas but may have been before.

But as others have said if the order to delivery time is 16 weeks it doesn't sound like they're struggling to shift them.