1.2TSI DSG & Snow

icephaco

In the market for a new family car and am really interested in the Yeti 1.2 TSI DSG. With the recent increase in snowfall we have had in the UK, I was wondering if any other 2WD owners can comment on their Yetis capabilities in the snow?

We've had one year of bad snow. We probably won't have another one as bad until you've sold he Yeti anyway! ;)

Sorry I can't give you a proper answer as mine hasn't been delivered yet and isn't a DSG anyway. Having said that the DSG has only just gone into production and as far as I know no-one has actually had one delivered yet.

Yes they only started building at the beginning of this month - so the only 1.2 TSI DSG cars were pre-launch vehicles shown to the media.

As far as i'm aware a bunch of us are expecting delivery of our little Yeti DSG's at the end of March.

It's going to be interesting who get's theirs first. Of course i'm hoping that will be me - but i didn't buy it for snow capabilties. I think you'd be better waiting for a 4WD DSG Yeti, but then you get increased weight and fuel consumption.

My manual CR110 2wd in the snow felt the same as any other 2wd I have owned. Just drive carefully.

I did buy some snowsocks in case of emergency. Don't expect they will ever get used.

tom

Thanks for the replies! Having a hard time deciding on the Yeti or an Octavia, but I seem to be leaning more towards the Yeti! :D

Thanks for the replies! Having a hard time deciding on the Yeti or an Octavia, but I seem to be leaning more towards the Yeti! :D

What the Yeti does give you is more ground clearance.

I was out yesterday on a narrow country lane and a truck came the opposite way. It was nice not having to think about the front overhang when putting two wheels on the verge.

tom

Also bear in mind that many of the roads in Britain resemble the surface of the moon and that the Yeti, whether two or four wheel drive, has a chassis and suspension designed to withstand the knocks and thumps of off roading.