Hybrid turbo fitting

trevorbus

Hi,

Need help.

Just fitted new stage 2 hybrid turbo and was getting on well till i started to put the pipe work back on for the fmic.

Cant get the lower hose to line up with the turbo at all.

Do i need other pipes or what am i doing wrong ??????????????

Hope some one can help me doing my head in.

Some pics of what you have done would really help.

Thanks.

Trev.

Which turbo is it - VNT17 hybrid? Is the outlet for the turbo pointing at 180 degrees different than it should (i.e straight up, not straight down) ??

If its only "slightly out" it might need some custom work, i.e. use of silicone hose / extra alloy pipework?

Which turbo is it - VNT17 hybrid? Is the outlet for the turbo pointing at 180 degrees different than it should (i.e straight up, not straight down) ??

If its only "slightly out" it might need some custom work, i.e. use of silicone hose / extra alloy pipework?

Hi,

Its the Garrett pd 150 hybrid stage 2 from Cr turbo.

It sticks out the back when you try the lower pipe up to it its miles off, don't think the turbo needs turned because then the oil line will not fit.

Will try and get some pics tomorrow so you can see what like.

Thanks.

Trev.

Hi,

Its the Garrett pd 150 hybrid stage 2 from Cr turbo.

It sticks out the back when you try the lower pipe up to it its miles off, don't think the turbo needs turned because then the oil line will not fit.

Will try and get some pics tomorrow so you can see what like.

Thanks.

Trev.

It will be lined up for use on the golf. You have to slacken the small 8mm head bolts on the cold side of the turbo and rotate it till it lines up.

The oil fed pipe is on the center part of the turbo and doesnt move when you move the cold side casting. :D

It will be lined up for use on the golf. You have to slacken the small 8mm head bolts on the cold side of the turbo and rotate it till it lines up.

The oil fed pipe is on the center part of the turbo and doesnt move when you move the cold side casting. :D

Hi,

Thank you for the info was thinking about that but you no what like lol thought i would check 1st.

Will let you no how i get on.

Ta for all you help.

Trev.

Yeah - Thats what I thought when I first saw the problem. The turbo outlet for the fabia is not "the norm" so unless the company making it is specifically told it is for a fabia and needs the outlet to point right down, it will come in the VW position.

I can also confirm that is the case. Fitted my CR hybrid last weekend, just a case of loosening off said bolts and rotating it to match the position off the standard turbo. :thumbup:

Hi,

BIG THANK YOU,

That's the vrs up and running :rofl: going good to, fiesta st not got a look-in ;)

Ta

Trev.

Hi,

its a simple job but my head was fired emoticon-0120-doh.gif don't help when you have to clear the snow off it before you get to workemoticon-0136-giggle.gif .

Just happy now its done.

Just full S/S with down pipe & KW to fit now.

Then Remapemoticon-0140-rofl.gif

Hi guys, how much did the hybrid turbo cost?

hi i bought a gt1749vn hybrid via a website in canada - the whole lot inc import taxes was £475 new! together with a set of pd150 injectors + motech remap mine is putting out around 190 bhp and fuel economy is close to to 60mpg!

hi i bought a gt1749vn hybrid via a website in canada - the whole lot inc import taxes was £475 new! together with a set of pd150 injectors + motech remap mine is putting out around bhp and fuel economy is close to to 60mpg!

why the need for pd 150 injectors?

hi i bought a gt1749vn hybrid via a website in canada - the whole lot inc import taxes was £475 new! together with a set of pd150 injectors + motech remap mine is putting out around 190 bhp and fuel economy is close to to 60mpg!

Hi, what website was that?

Hi, what website was that?

check out 3justvw on ebay--- accepted my offer of £350 plus carriage for a new gt1749 hybrid - runs like a dream

Hi guys

Do you have to uprate the clutch and dmf before you go hybrid turbo?

I would like to hybrid but don't fancy changing the clutch and dmf.

cheers Josh

Then you wouldnt like to go hybrid, because for it to be worth going hybrid, you need lots of other things too, which include a clutch!

would def be a good idea to uprate clutch and dmf- didnt do mine but it is on the limit, slips a bit in 3rd on full chat

I'd be interested in getting a hybrid fitted to my VRS. I know uprating the clutch and dmf would need done. But would there be any way of using the OE SMIC in the short term until the necessary funds were gathered to fit a FMIC? Or in the interests of reliability, does the clutch, FMIC and hybrid all need to be done at the one time?

Cheers :thumbup: