Decent Dealer In Hampshire For Warrenty Work ?

Ah ... They didn't sell it to WMC, but an independent, who then sold it on (to me ;)). I'd hope they actually did something to it for the service, as the 50k/5yr service included the cambelt, etc, and was a rather large bill for the previous owner! ;)

All open to suposition, the previous owner may of known he was going to sell the car & told them to do the bare minimum, they may have said pollen filters are due on this service, customer may say dont bother, who knows ?? Without knowing its sometimes unfair to second guess

Most dealers have a record of the car & will have listed what was done if you ask, even cars they have sold. Its in my experience mainly the s/hand dealers & one stop service all ctrs that tend to be dodgy. s/hands because its money & the one cap fits all due to lack of knowledge. Main dealers have little to gain & all to much to loose by doing dodgy services but I agree it does sometimes happen.

Bought ny car from Meadons in Sway, very good service, even went back there for its first sevice, even though Sparshatts are 5 minutes up the road for me, had several dodgy dealings with them, never again. :thumbdown:

Going to back to the OP what place really messed up your car? That you won't go back too.

james.

My car was bought from Sparshatts at Botley and there aftercare is DIRE !

I have been told of very poor servicing at Sparshatts at Fareham from a guy at work who took his car there.

My nearest is Winchester Motor Co who I have never had any dealings with re servicing so I was asking who uses who given its for warranty work ?

The comments across these boards for Winchester appear mixed to me so may well end up there as I don't fancy driving all the way to Sway.

Up until this year I had 5 Fords and 1 Mazda but Hendy Ford have a monopoly around these parts and 3 of their nearest garages have given me very-very poor service over the years so I have given up with Fords not because Ford cars are any worse than anyone else's aftercare by Hendy Ford is IMO.

Skoda VW SEAT Audi have a plentiful supply of independent dealers geared up to deal with Tdi engines locally (unlike Ford TDCI) which I have spoken to but for a short while I am tied to local main agents until the warranty expires.

Edited by Mace

Most dealers have a record of the car & will have listed what was done if you ask, even cars they have sold.

Yeah, it came with all the itemised invoices for its servicing from the previous owner ;)