injector cost?

after two weeks of trying to get my car fixed a skoda garage has finally got around to it. apparently it needs a new injector and they have quoted me 1100euro supplied and fitted!!! does that sound right? sounds expensive to me.

also car was driving perfectly on the day it happened. just chugged then glow rod light came on in the dash and engine fault on the screen. battery light then came on and car cut out and wouldnt restart.

does that sound like an injector? would i not have lost power or noticed something wrong?

after two weeks of trying to get my car fixed a skoda garage has finally got around to it. apparently it needs a new injector and they have quoted me 1100euro supplied and fitted!!! does that sound right? sounds expensive to me.

also car was driving perfectly on the day it happened. just chugged then glow rod light came on in the dash and engine fault on the screen. battery light then came on and car cut out and wouldnt restart.

does that sound like an injector? would i not have lost power or noticed something wrong?

Is the car not under warranty? Or are you just outside the 3 years (or 60000 miles)

I think you should pursue a warranty claim with Skoda customer care even if it’s out of warranty, you may find they will offer to pay half the repair bill assuming it’s a premature failure (defective injector)

However if they analyse the fuel and find that to be the cause(in other words bad fuel caused the problem) they won’t help you

Another option might be via your local indie garage, they will be able to source & fit a recon injector and a fair saving (less than £500 all in).

What you'll loose though is the ability to hold the dealer to task if the injector doesn't fix the problem (which has been known...). If it wasn't to fix the problem, you wont need to pay for the part, saving crucial pennies to pay for the part which later found to be the real cause.

Hope this helps!