vRS noisy clutch?

Right, the car has started to make funny noises, 1st one i noticed is when the clutch pedal is pushed in there's a kinda clicking noise and you can feel it on the clutch pedal but its fine at the biting point though??, and the 2nd noise is when the car is slowing down without pushing any pedals just letting it off the accelarator theres a strange noise hard to explain but its like something catching, but when the clutch is pressed the noise goes, then the clicking noise starts again?

hope that made sense, car seems to drive spot on still and these noises cant be heard at any other time

The car is a 04 Fabia vRS. it did have a new clutch and flywheel put in due to a faul with the flywheel around 20,000 miles ago, car has done 108,000 altogether

Thanks,

Mark

That what i expected but wasnt sure because the car drives perfect..

Any idea's roughly how much it would cost to get them replaced?

Cheers.

Mark

Release bearing £34 +VAT but box out to replace it. Complete clutch kit can be had for £280 +VAT +£34 for the bearing. That price includes a new DMF.

£34 isnt to bad for the part, knew it would be a box out job though..

So does that mean it will need a new clutch/flywheel aswell as bearing? :no:

because as stated above it had a new one around 20k ago

£34 isnt to bad for the part, knew it would be a box out job though..

So does that mean it will need a new clutch/flywheel aswell as bearing? :no:

because as stated above it had a new one around 20k ago

Depends if the bearing has scored the release fingers on the clutch plate. That can only be determined once the box is out.

Hi

This also sounds very similar to a problem I have. Seemed to start after I had a new turbo fitted ( bearing went at 35'000) under warranty. Skoda garage said all ok, as they do but there's something there. Sounds like more of a rattle in mine and happens when pressing/releasing the cluth and/or accelerator.

No problems with drivability, just annoying !