REAR AUDIO SPEAKERS

Good Afternoon All

I have a 2009 Octavia 'S' which i use as a Taxi

Currently the taxi meter is sitting on top of dash with double sided tape.

I would like to do the following :- Buy an aftermarket stereo & have both the meter & stereo housed within the existing space. The meter is the same size as a car stereo.

Can anyone advise me on the following. Is there a facia panel which will allow me to install both of them there. I have seen double din adapter plates & also single din ones . The single one appears to have a tray at the bottom which i think may be able to be removed to allow 2 things to be fitted !!

Also can anyone advise if there is already wireing looms at the rear doors. I know there is no speakers..I'd also be obiged if anyone could tell me what size of speakers would fit in the rear doors

Edited by Tomster

To be fait its not everyday somebody wants to fit a taximeter and a stereo in the double din opening! I would imagine the standard double din fascia would suffice and if your taximeter isn't quite double din then you should be able tomake it fit with some "finessing". I would have thought the biggest issue you will face is securing the units into the support frame but as the trim isn't expensive (about £10), why not buy one and experiment. I'm sure somebody on here can provide a part number or alternativly nip along to your local Skoda dealer and have a chat with the parts guy.

Not sure about the size of the rear door speaker but to be honest, unless you really really want them fitted I wouldn't bother. They are so close to the fronts that you just end up with a muddled sound and also I don't think the "S" has a high level tweeter position or grill but you may be able to change this with the correct parts from Skoda (as above).

Not the complete answer by any means but it might promote further discussion.

Good luck.

There are certainly double din adapters available, our cars at work have them to hold an airwave terminal (which is as shallow as a taxi meter and would fit similarly i would imagine) and a flip out ANPR screen.

Something like this: http://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/connects-ct23sk01a-skoda-octavia-2004-double-facia-panel-p-8634.html

Edited by kriswithak