Skoda Assist

My Octavia 1.9 TDi is coming up to 3 years old, so the free Skoda Assist that I got when I bought it is coming to an end.

Not sure how much it will cost to renew, but wondered whether anyone would have any experience or advice for me as to whether I should look to renew the Skoda Assist or go with DirectLine, AA, RAC etc as an alternative breakdown cover?

Would appreciate any input.

Skoda Assit for my Octy vRS ran out in January.

A 2 year extension cost me £149.

So that is baically £75 a year for full RAC membership - all of the options, including full European support.

As far as I was concerned that was a good price, so I renewed mine for 2 years.

You can do 1 year for £89 I think it was - so obviously going for 2yrs is worthwhile (if you're keeping your car that long).

I got a similar offer let er through for my fabia which is coming up for 3 years old

thing is, a very similar level of cover would be just £40 a year to add on to my insurance renewal

Edited by Wet Kipper

Well obviously shop around.

But I know that on the surface "adding breakdown" to my insurance looked good to.

Until you actually add features you might need, like onwards journey and for me European cover and it soon came to move than £75.

If your insurance company can offer you full cover with a reputable breakdown service then obviously go for it.

If you're trying to buy directly from the AA or RAC then you won't be able to get "the works" for £75.