New REVO DAB add-on

So what do we all think of this.....

www.revo.co.uk

Personally I'm drooling but need the voice of reason from my buddies in briskoda land! Dont want to change my head unit and could mout the revo unit in place of the ash tray with a bit of modding and the lid would hide the unit.

Anyone know of any reviews????

Doesn't it still defeat the object of DAB reception !!?! If you want the improved sound quality of FM then this box is probably not for you. If you would like to receive more channels such as Talk Sport, Kiss, Planet Rock to name a few then this box will be ok.

More stuff to stick on the dashboard .....

GPS antenna,

Radar detector

Phone kit

Smelly 'glade' clip on air freshner

DAB Radio..........

Andy

• 8 months later...

I have a REVO unit, however when I had it fitted at CEL-DIRECT, they didn't seem to do a good job of it. It get rubbish reception and makes a popping/crackling noise during coverage. So hardly used it, it just seems to sit in the glovebox.

Will eventually get round to ringing up the company REVO recommend for installation (TOAD), standard installation would cost

May get round to taking some photos' date=' at some point...

[/quote']

In fact, i'll put it on when I go to Trax! Though my cars not going to be on the stand .... hmmm.... I 'll come and see you all at the stand and if any wants a look then their welcome.

• 3 weeks later...

Its an ok unit, there have been some issues with faulty units / connectors and the basic antenna works but often comes unstuck from the windscreen. I've had no problems with my one as such though.

There are two chains of thought with the DAB..........

1.'Better' reception and quality of signal

2.Much larger choice of stations

i have to say that most people come to us for the choice of stations and not for the reception quality. Many people listen to various stations at home on Sky that are also now available on DAB.

Andy

• 2 weeks later...